Best place to put brooder?? Chicks were inside now they're outside

gclarrot

Songster
Apr 21, 2020
Hello everyone -

i just brought 2 barred rocks, 1 silver laced wynadotte, and 1 isa brown home.
I have them in a big rubbermaid tub i sterlized with some bleach, along with washing it out with dawn then drying it. I placed my brinsea chick heater in the corner, and lined everything with paper towels for the first couple of days (This is what i've done with my last two batches of chicks). I dipped all their beaks in the water, along with not placing the top of food container on top yet until they know exactly where everything is and it's successful.

This time it's MUCH hotter. I live in Florida, and we're hitting anywhere from 89 - 92 daily. I had my previous chicks in my garage but we were only hitting highs of 83 - 86 at the time. So, it was a bit cooler. Should I place them on top of a table and add a fan to plug in so theres some air circulation under the tub, along with opening a window?

They were BROODED inside since Thursday to NOW.

So, now im worried if it's too hot in the garage for them.

I am feeling they may be a little stressed (one of the barred rocks) so i've left them be.

How can I make them more comfortable? they are not under the heater plate, no pasty butt, all eating and drinking very well. They just seem to be a little bit breathing a tad heavier than i've witnessed before in chicks. No observation of breathing with their mouths open, nothing coming out of their noses, or eyes or sneezing.

Hey glad you joined you describe them being warm they will also hold their wings out a fan so they can get air moving would be great not on them over them would be great.. they can take the heat

Hey glad you joined you describe them being warm they will also hold their wings out a fan so they can get air moving would be great not on them over them would be great.. they can take the heat

Exactly what they're currently doing.
I only witness my older girls doing this very now and then.

Plugging the fan on top of the table, then them under the fan? or the fan underneath and them on top?

Back
Top Bottom