Best State for ducks???

Quote:
How 'bout 115°?
cool.png

big_smile.png
The occasional quakes aren't that bad...and the good thing (in your opinion LOL) is that it never gets below like 45° in the winter.

115?!?! - um - nope! I hear the San Diego area usually keeps below 90 in the summer. Thoughts?

Central and Northern CA usually stay below 100 during the summer...but then again...you may get a bit of snow in NorCal. Also being close to the Ocean (Santa Monica, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, etc.) will keep things cooler but still not frozen.

I see all of your snow pics and think to myself "Wowww, it was like 75 today..."

Weather is a delicate thing
roll.png

Cali's weather is nice, but there are too many downsides, we have the highest living expenses (everything is UBER expensive here) and its' extremely liberal, full of taxes and laws and almost impossible to run a business. I don't reccomend moving here... we are getting out as soon as we can.

Consider Waco, Texas or the surrounding area ( Hewitt, China Spring, Axtell, Robinson , Spiegelville, ) cost of living is low.. no state taxes. no property tax for 100 percent disabled Veterans..

If Florida was an option, even with the heat and humidity, then consider AL as well. Though snow in northern AL happens, it isn't so common down here in the very southern part of the state. But the summers are hot and humid. Last year was my first summer here and it was hot and nasty, but not as bad as I was expecting.
And this winter was colder than DH was expecting (but about what I was figuring).

You just have to find property friendly areas to look, regardless of state.

You will get horrible humidity anywhere in the southeast, but we also have ac. West coast is expensive, but beautiful. One of the most perfect places I've been to is Oregon. Do you have kids? I'd let school systems lead your way if so. Every state has it's perfect place (even Arkansas;)), so go where you would find hapiness. Do you have the chance to trip around the country at all? Taste test some areas before you decide.

Oh to have the freedom!

I would say florida, but it does get kinda hot SOMETIMES, i dont live in Tallahassee the capital of florida, but it stays pretty cool up there without any snow, i live on the little point of florida on the west side of the penisula, on an island, i have ducks, but its a mostly suburban place on the island, but just up the road 2-3 miles away inland, is a place called cocoa and titusveil and all up there is mostly bigger property where you can have ducks and that sort of stuff, we have a friend that lives there and they have a lot of chickens no ducks sadly 2 goats a huge pond with an island in the middle and they have i think 6 pigs, and they live on 8 acres, so i think anywhere in central florida is a good place! If you decide to move down to florida in central brevard, then give me a shout and i can be happy there are more duck people around me!! c:

Down here in SE Texas, there is no such thing as a good hair day-the humidity runs from the ridiculous to the sublime and our summers are brutal. Having said that, I LOVE it here.
smile.png

I only raise Call ducks due to the fact that they supposedly tolerate the heat better than the standards and they seem to do OK in the summer.

IMPORTANT!!!!!1

Wherever you go, make sure you check the municipal codes FIRST!!!! there are many areas that do not allow you to have ducks. I Live in Chicago, where I can have my domestic waterfowl as long as I don't break any of the other codes (noise, smell, animals at large, ect), but I cannot have my ducks in the vast majority of the surrounding suburbs unless I live very far out from the city. You can check the codes here-

www.municode.com

Back
Top Bottom