Best way to hold/carry a chicken

yes. set the breast area on your palm, and stick the legs between your thumb and index finger, and your index and middle fingers. carry them this way, and hold them close to your body. once they feel secure, they shouldn't flap around.

Put them on your side under your arm, like a football. If you hold the wings down they usually won't try to flap them. Some people suggest putting your other hand under their feet to give them some support. Some of mine try to stand up on my hand when I do that.

Quote:
i carry them this way as well.. except i rest my right hand on their wing as a "just incase" they try to flap, usually though when i hold them like this mine try to go to sleep unless their the hyper active ones

-Daniel

Quote:
I have noticed that when I put my hand under their feet to give them support, they actually start trying to "push" away on my hand. Now I just let their feet dangle. :|

Backwards. The football carry as noted but they don't struggle if they are looking back, don't have them facing the travel, they seem to need to get involved in the motion that way. So under the arm, supported by the hand on the keel, fingers between and around shanks, with the tail leading and the head looking out from under your arm at where they used to be. If I'm only carrying one chicken I have the other hand lightly on top of the one bird, however backward you can have one under each arm unless they are not at all used to being handled.

Back
Top Bottom