Best way to stop a egg eater

ArtGirl

Chicken crazy
6 Years
Mar 19, 2013
With chickens somewhere.......
Like the title says I need the fastest and surest way to stop a egg eater. Before they were just eating a egg here and there but today they went and ate all of my broody ducks new hatching eggs. Please help. I tried putting horse radish in a egg and they loved it and ate another.

Put English mustard in an egg or put fake eggs in your nests, try to collect eggs as often as possible, make sure that you have enough litter in nest boxes and keep the nests dark and make sure your hens don't have a nutritional deficiency.
Hope this helps!

Try putting spicy mustard in an empty egg (I tried normal, but they loved it
rant.gif
). Eating eggs may be because of a lack of calcium in their diet, which they are getting from the egg shells. Try crushing up empty, clean egg shells into their feed. After mustard.
Happy Easter
jumpy.gif
D.gif
bun.gif

Try putting golf balls in the nestand then when they try to peck them open it won't work so that will make them think they can't crack open eggs anymore. If you can find the one or ones that are making all that trouble and separate them from the rest then maybe that will help.
So sorry about the broody's eggs. You could look for egg yolk on the hens beaks.

Last edited:
Try putting spicy mustard in an empty egg (I tried normal, but they loved it:rant ). Eating eggs may be because of a lack of calcium in their diet, which they are getting from the egg shells. Try crushing up empty, clean egg shells into their feed. After mustard.
Happy Easter:jumpy :cd :bun
Thanks. Happy Easter to you too. We don't have spice mustard and I think they would like it since they liked the spicy horse radish.

Last edited:
Try putting golf balls in the nestand then when they try to peck them open it won't work so that will make them think they can't crack open eggs anymore.  If you can find the one or ones that are making all that trouble and separate them from the rest then maybe that will help. 
So sorry about the broody's eggs.  You could look for egg yolk on the hens beaks.

We have golf balls in there but they aren't working any more.
I tried looking for the yolk on there beaks but I couldn't see anything. I don't know what else I can do. :(

Last edited:
I can't think of anything else. Sorry. But I heard that ever hot peppers don't stop chicken from eating their eggs because they can't taste the hot.

Back
Top Bottom