Best way to treat stressed baby chicks

Put them in a warm brooder with nutri drench in the water. And smash the crumbled feed a little extra and spread/drop in front of them on top of a paper towel (since they shouldn't yet be on shavings). Be sure to dip everyone's beak for a drink.

Contact hatchery for replacements.

And keep the environment calm.. no loud music or dogs howling next to them.

Check and double check every day for anyone who develops pasty butt and take care of it quickly. :fl

Put them in a warm brooder with nutri drench in the water. And smash the crumbled feed a little extra and spread/drop in front of them on top of a paper towel (since they shouldn't yet be on shavings). Be sure to dip everyone's beak for a drink.

Check and double check every day for anyone who develops pasty butt and take care of it quickly. :fl
x2

Thank you for all the advice......so I made a mhp....I just got home and they were not under it but huddled in a corner? I placed them all under it and everyone quieted down. Am I doing something wrong? 4 of the 6 were not under it

Back
Top Bottom