Best way to vacuum.....

itsy

Songster
8 Years
Mar 14, 2011
New England
GRRRRRrrrr! We just moved into an awesome new place. I love it, but I'm cleaning like a nut. The previous people who lived here had three dogs and two cats and probably never vacuumed the steps. I just hit it up with my shop vac and I can't get all the hair up. It looks like it's woven into the carpet at this point. I think I'm going to need to try again with my regular house vac, but I don't have a spinning attachment on the handheld part.

Any tips on picking up the hair? I've seen those pet rollers. Maybe I should get one of them or some shirt rollers.

Any tips on sanitizing them? Baking soda? I really hate the perfume carpet cleaners/powders. I have way too sensitive a sense of smell and it drives my allergies nuts. Or...anything you can think of that is a liquid and will evaporate? I'm not opposed to rubbing alcohol! lol.

Good thing the only carpet in the place is on the steps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a brush that is a plasic and its has a bunch of plastic bristles on it and it pulls up hair very nicely. I think i got it at walmart or petsmart. Not sure which.

I have heard of people that make a mixture to get out pee stains and stuff that also takes the smell away. I think it was water with club soda and some laundry detergant.

A brush is a good idea. I think something bristly would work!
smile.png
TY guys!

I house clean for a living, alot of times after going over stairs with proper vaccuum there is still hair..

So anyways, we just use a damp cotton rag, and rub it across.. Amasing how much hair will come off..

I think the brush would be way better though.. But a few of my "pet people" have "Berber" carpet, so that wouldn't work with the berber..

Congrats on your new place
smile.png

Wear a pair of those yellow rubber gloves run them under the water and wipe the stairs . It gets pet hair of anything ! You have to rinse the hair off the gloves to

Back
Top Bottom