Wheres the feeling of accomplishment in that?

Ide never pay someone 300$ for a device so simple, unless i was physicaly incapable

Why pay $300?

They are a piece of work created during an era when the American worker was a craftsman and not a robot. Leahy understood what it took to make a good incubator. Air circulation and mass. There are no dead spots of stagnant air. Temp is controlled by 2 wafers ensuring there is no overheat situation if the primary stat fails. The double redwood walls with insulation allows me to operate in temps down to 40 degrees.

A modern day GQF wont last more than 7 years and will lose temp below 60 degrees.

There's not a modern day incubator with similiar capacity that can hold a candle to the old redwoods and by the time these 'simple' devices are built the cost of quality components and lost eggs will rival the cost of one of these and they look like something that would be found on "Sanford and Sons' junkyard.

No man alive could ever build an incubator. No man alive could ever rival technology from the 1950s. NO MAN ALIVE could ever figure out air flow.

Only one engineer ever lived and he worked for an incubator company.

Sir i beleive Leahy was founded by a mix of free masons, illuminati and wizards

Back at the Samford and sons bator today

Fans and wiring installed
Temperature set and calibrated
Egg rack installed
Just needs tidying and cleaning and it will be soon done!

This is the heat controller, its a sped up video, it took about 1.5 minuts to warm up, and cycled twice over 5 minuts

I put in and raised wooden floor to keep air under the eggs
20200116_215345.jpg

I also made a rack with 5/8 dowel and pine. The same spacing as a janoel15 that worked well for me

20200117_162330.jpg
20200117_162337.jpg

I then made a simple handle and lever, it has a dowell through the side of the bator so i can turn the eggs without opening the door

The rack should fit 30 duck eggs. it will be plenty for now but iam drawing up a two storey rack to hold 60

Like i seid it needs to be cleaned up, wood varnished and wires tied up but its almost done!

Any questions just ask any time!

Attachments

• 20200116_153406.jpg
    20200116_153406.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom