Big bird?

@Ridgerunner
@Mrs. K

I hatched Bonnie from eggs that my neighbor got from her friend. She said her friend has "TopHats" (polish), "Americanas" (EE), and RIR's. She mentioned that the RIR's were kept separate from the others though. I've been thinking that she's a RIR/EE cross, but I'm really not sure. I wish I'd kept a record of her growth. It's been alarming, especially after i realized that she's a pullet. I thought she was a cockerel for the first couple of months.

I worry there's a hormonal issue or something going on with this bird. In the beginning i thought that she had meatbird in her genetics because she was growing faster than any birds I've had experience with (i don't have experience with raising meatbirds and have only read about them here). She's big and solid. One of Bonnie's pullet hatchmates looks to be RIR/EE mix and she's big, but not like Bonnie.

Forgive me for going off topic on my post because i am truly concerned about Bonnie and I'm hoping for some thoughts, suggestions, knowledge, etc from the incredible folks here. I am so grateful for your time and whatever you can add.

@aart that seems like a long run for a commercial! I fondly remember my brother and i referencing "Mikey" as kids, especially since he was killed years ago. The only other one that i can think off the top of my head that ran a long time is the "help, I've fallen and can't get up!" commercial. I just shudder thinking about how much fun was made at that commercial. It doesn't seem so funny whenever that age isn't so far in the future. Isn't it funny how commercials can have such an impact on us? I've never thought about this before and I'm amazed now

I had an EE hybrid run on the heavy side once. As far as health for her, she died of a genetic flaw. Her mother had died of the same thing. I wouldn't have any concerns of a more heavier bird at that age, but if you're looking for something to be concerned with, watch the feet. The more the weight, the higher chances of her injuring her feet. But even that I wouldn't be too concerned about unless you actually see an injury. She should be fine. She sure is beautiful! :love :love

Forgive me for going off topic on my post because i am truly concerned about Bonnie and I'm hoping for some thoughts, suggestions, knowledge, etc from the incredible folks here. I am so grateful for your time and whatever you can add.

@aart that seems like a long run for a commercial! I fondly remember my brother and i referencing "Mikey" as kids, especially since he was killed years ago. The only other one that i can think off the top of my head that ran a long time is the "help, I've fallen and can't get up!" commercial. I just shudder thinking about how much fun was made at that commercial. It doesn't seem so funny whenever that age isn't so far in the future. Isn't it funny how commercials can have such an impact on us? I've never thought about this before and I'm amazed now
It's your thread, so you can take it wherever you want. ;)
It hijacking other peoples threads that's frowned upon in net etiquette.

'Mikey' is still alive and well.....the pop rocks thing was BS.

'Fallen' is still running, if you watch B channels.
....and yes, it's not so funny when you're old with bad sticks and live alone(raises hand).

I think BIG BONNIE will be just fine.

It's your thread, so you can take it wherever you want. ;)
It hijacking other peoples threads that's frowned upon in net etiquette.

'Mikey' is still alive and well.....the pop rocks thing was BS.

'Fallen' is still running, if you watch B channels.
....and yes, it's not so funny when you're old with bad sticks and live alone(raises hand).

I think BIG BONNIE will be just fine.
I apologize, I was reminiscing about before my brother was killed years ago. Now, i do remember the pop rocks thing about Mikey. The rumors that run in the tabloids can be so wacky.

I thought i heard the "fallen" commercial a month or so ago but i didn't think about it enough to check it out until it went off. I've been wondering ever since. That's a long running commercial! I need to Google that. It's got to be one of the longest running!

I thought i heard the "fallen" commercial a month or so ago but i didn't think about it enough to check it out until it went off. I've been wondering ever since. That's a long running commercial! I need to Google that. It's got to be one of the longest running!
That phrase is used, not sure if it's for the same product...ones I see these days are for those alarm services one wears around their necks to call for help.

I apologize, I was reminiscing about before my brother was killed years ago.
(((Condolences)))
My daughter lost her brother(my son) there's no name for losing a sibling.

That phrase is used, not sure if it's for the same product...ones I see these days are for those alarm services one wears around their necks to call for help.

(((Condolences)))
My daughter lost her brother(my son) there's no name for losing a sibling.
I am so sorry. There are no words to express my feelings, as you know all to well. I am so so sorry. My condolences to you as well :hugs

Back
Top Bottom