Big chicks means ?

I hatched eggs in March that were from a EE rooster x ee hens or rir hens. I have one cockerel that came from a rir hen that is huge. Much bigger than other cockerels. It’s like the dna just aligned perfectly for this guy. I’m tempted to keep him for breeding to beef up the size of my chickens. View attachment 3214776View attachment 3214777
Beautiful rooster!

I hatched some barnyard mix eggs from a local farm a couple of years ago. The last one to hatch was a whopper of a chick and came from a light brown egg. I suspected it was a RIR cockerel and still suspect RIR as part of the mix. This chick stayed large. I even made a post because I was concerned something was wrong with this massive young bird. Well fast forward and much to my surprise it turned out that it's actually a girl! Big Bonnie is full grown now, almost 2 years old and weighs in just over 11lbs. Is there something in the RIR genetics that make for XL birds when crossed?
Very possible. What’s funny is that my rir are really not large hens. They are average with one being pretty small.

Haha will keep updated
the mrs said you can sex any breed from day 2 by wings is that true ?
man’s how day grow him up loving him then eat him lol
I ask as I’m rearing to eat yet every chick so far the kids try to claim I know as they grow it will be hard for me and them lol me cause I watch them
they know and understand but how do you be like so kinda ok with it ?
just trying to help my own brain out feeling bad lol

So far he is male
but he is massive and his knees are enormous rip get better pic later
he’s so placid he lays on my hand lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    817.7 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom