1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

big respect from Trinidad

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by wheredesalt, Apr 29, 2009.

1. wheredesalt

wheredesalt Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2009
    Trinidad
    In keeping with the introduction format, i'll just answer the questions recommended by the mods on joining:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I am not that new, i had been around chickens a bit when i was really young and my brother and i started experimenting again with the special breeds about a year and a half ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

right now i have 2 broilers, 2 commercial layers, a speckled wyandott, a pair of araucanas and a pair of black giants. i did have more wyandotts and araucanas as well as about 6 more jersey black giants. oh i also had two golden sex links.

(3) What breeds do you have?

i guess i answered this prematurely

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

i was actually looking into building an incubator and stumbled upon this site. then i realised there was a lot more info here as well so i decided it was one to keep.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

swimming, skimboarding, mountain biking, xbox 360, rabbit farming, jet skiing to name a few.

hopefully i'll get to meet some of you folks here, i have some questions that i guess i'll post up in some of the other sections.

kool.

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

3. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    [​IMG]

you are from the island of Trinidad? thats great, I have a friend who re-located there many years ago and another friend who is living there now and was born there. I hope to go one day soon. [​IMG].

4. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    [​IMG] from Tx

Just a little bit of advice from BYC. Start building a bigger coop! This place is addicting. You will learn that chickens are like chips, you cant have just one.

5. wheredesalt

wheredesalt Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2009
    Trinidad
    havi, yeh b, i am doing some sketches atm for another coop with a small run attached. trying to reduce daily juggling with dogs out chickens in, chickens out dogs in etc.

happy chick, are your friends in trinidad into animals? or just here on work?

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida.

7. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    [​IMG] From Montana

Don't forget to enter your State / country in your signature

8. mwdh1

mwdh1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009