BIG storm in central Mo, power out 12 hours and I was incubating eggs

gocrow77

Crow's Nest
10 Years
May 13, 2009
Central MO
hit.gif
Yup, I don't have much hope now - my hubby is more optomistic. My fridge eggs were developing GREAT - hope this doesn't kill them. Guess I'll know in a few days if they don't make anymore progress. Wish me luck, or better yet a miracle!
barnie.gif
This was first time incubating eggs too, so disappointing. I read the thread on 5 things I wish I knew before incubating eggs; there was someone who posted tht as soon as you set eggs there is bound to be a power outtage. I chuckled at it, and kinda laughed. I have only had one power outtage since we moved here! Now I wish I had made a backup plan "just in case". Bummer.....
he.gif

I set my fridge eggs on the 9th, so I am at right about a week now. I just candled yesterday evening and they were all good and even starting to get some movement. Dang!
hit.gif
barnie.gif

It seems we have been getting storms everyday/night here
sad.png
Power was out 4 hrs the other night and I have eggs in the bator as well. Today is day 18, I'll wait to remove them from the turner till tonight.

My DH's sister had a huge tree fall on their bedroom and put a huge hole in their home. She thankfully had gotten out of bed to the restroom because the tree fell right where she was laying. Noone was injured other than the BIL getting some rug burn from diving from the bed to the restroom to take cover.

Yes we're a couple hours from KC, so you are probably getting the same weather we are. Glad everyone in your family is ok - that's horrible! Lots of rain this year. I also woke up to one dead chicken and another that had bee trampled and injured when they were all piled up scared in the coop last night. Sure wish they would roost....

So sorry! Yea, that storm last night was a doozie. Fortunately all I lost was some food that got wet cause I left the lid off my storage container (D'OH!).
Hopefully the embryos will be ok and I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

I know the feeling I dont have eggs but got about 27 chicks that are 9 days old. My power went out this moring around 3:00Am and so my heat light went to and thats = cold chicks. About a hour after it went off i got the generator and put the heat light on the chicks again. 2 hours of that then theywere running around eating and drinking and being 9 day old chicks again.

sam

Thanks a bunch - I am still waiting for my eggs in there to get back up to temp, it's taking forever it seems. Power has been back on for about 3 hours or so, and we're still sitting at about 95 degrees. I did candle one of the fridge eggs - the one that I can see most clearly into - and it looks hopefull. No more progress, but it was moving around a bit - though not as much as yesterday. I will wait a few more days and look at the others. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes!
fl.gif

Quote:
Was that her house on the news last night? We just got buckets of rain, but nothing bad with the wind- said gusts at hurricane force!

Back
Top Bottom