Biggest chicken I have ever seen!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Noymira, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Noymira

Noymira Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Chittenden County, VT
    I saw this rooster at the Champlain Valley Fair in Essex Jct, VT this past Saturday. He was MASSIVE! I couldn't get a good shot of a normal sized bird next to him, but he filled the cage. He must have been near 20 lbs, his ankles were an inch thick and his body was HUGE! His legs were pretty gnarly looking, so I'm guessing he's up there in age, although I don't really know how to judge the age of a chicken.

He looks like my Black Copper Marans, but there was no tag or anything to identify him or where he came from.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just had to share this big boy!

2. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Wow, when I went to the fair where I live, I think that I saw roos that were even bigger than that massive guy!

3. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    He is a Partridge Cochin

4. Noymira

Noymira Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Chittenden County, VT
    Quote:Do they all get that big? I've never seen a Cochin in person I guess. He looked like a big teddy bear!

5. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    Yes pretty much and His legs look fine

6. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

They are heavy but not nearly as heacy as they look. Lots of feathers and fluff. [​IMG]

That's what I think about me too... [​IMG]

7. [​IMG][​IMG]

I have two white Cochin hens, I hope they get that big! then they can beat the snot out of my other girls that are picking on them while they are still young!!!!!

8. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

We had 2 standard Cochins and the only time they were even slighty aggressive is when they were boody. Good girls and I think their size, they will continue growing till about 18 months, kept the sassy girls away.

9. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    He is handsome. But, if you think he is big you should see the Langashan at a show. I saw a big beautiful black Langashan that was really huge like almost turkey size huge!

10. slwchickgrl

slwchickgrl New Egg

Feb 24, 2009
    He is gorgeous!

I can't keep roosters. I'm too chicken...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by