Biggest chicken pet peeve!

Well we are all untitled to our own peeves. I just don't like it because as another person said EEs are a plan. Just like how people hate buffs for buff orps I hate mutt for EEs.

Being planned doesn't make a mixed breed not a mutt, though? I planned a few years ago to breed my Silkie rooster to one of my Cochin bantam hens and a couple Easter-egger hens, and the resulting offspring of those birds are still mutts. :idunno

Also, hatchery 'Americaunas' that are actually Easter-eggers... don't have a plan. They're just bred to each other. You could argue that things like Lakeshore Eggers and Whiting True Greens and the like 'have a plan' and are Easter-eggers, but not all Easter-eggers do. They just all fit a loose definition of a specific group of chickens that are not pure for any breed, otherwise known as being mutts.

But yes, you are entitled to hate calling them mutts, just as I am entitled to continue using it as a term that is, in its definition, accurate for them.

Being planned doesn't make a mixed breed not a mutt, though? I planned a few years ago to breed my Silkie rooster to one of my Cochin bantam hens and a couple Easter-egger hens, and the resulting offspring of those birds are still mutts. :idunno

Also, hatchery 'Americaunas' that are actually Easter-eggers... don't have a plan. They're just bred to each other. You could argue that things like Lakeshore Eggers and Whiting True Greens and the like 'have a plan' and are Easter-eggers, but not all Easter-eggers do. They just fit a definition of a specific group of chickens that are not pure for any breed, otherwise known as being mutts.

But yes, you are entitled to hate calling them mutts, just as I am entitled to continue using it as a term that is, in its definition, accurate for them.
I never said you can't say it, I don't Ike it and that's me. You do you. I do me

I get that, and like I said, you are entitled to hate it just like I am entitled to use it. I'm just explaining that the reasoning you gave doesn't quite work, I guess.

Pet peeves often don't have a reason behind them, so if you had said you hate it and that was that, I would have likely sent that first post on the topic and left it at that. The 'have or do not have a plan' thing just kinda bugged me because it's not accurate or really even reasonable. So I guess you could say it became a chicken pet peeve of mine. 🤭

Anyway, not meaning to argue, I will drop it at that. 😊

I get that, and like I said, you are entitled to hate it just like I am entitled to use it. I'm just explaining that the reasoning you gave doesn't quite work, I guess.

Pet peeves often don't have a reason behind them, so if you had said you hate it and that was that, I would have likely sent that first post on the topic and left it at that. The 'have or do not have a plan' thing just kinda bugged me because it's not accurate or really even reasonable. So I guess you could say it became a chicken pet peeve of mine. 🤭

Anyway, not meaning to argue, I will drop it at that. 😊
Ok no problem. It's OK to have different definitions for such things, I don't want to argue either so we will just drop this.
I knew saying the mutt thing would cause issues :barnie🙄:he my fault

When the birds see me with my camera and do this
20220810_103747.jpg

Back
Top Bottom