Biggest Spurs! - Manly Contest - ends 8/15/21 (no prize)

I didn't receive the tag. Also I manage the size of my roosters spurs when they get to a certain size, so I'll have to see who I have, that I can enter into the contest.
Have you ever had one self shed the excess length? Fabio did. They were about 4" long when I noticed ridges forming mid-shaft. A few days later, the right spur was down to about 2 inches then a few days after that, the left one sloughed off too.
IMG_20210611_204408371.jpg

Have you ever had one self shed the excess length? Fabio did. They were about 4" long when I noticed ridges forming mid-shaft. A few days later, the right spur was down to about 2 inches then a few days after that, the left one sloughed off too.View attachment 2802609
No, mine just shed, & get longer, & end up gashing the ladies if I don't tend to their spurs.

Have you ever had one self shed the excess length? Fabio did. They were about 4" long when I noticed ridges forming mid-shaft. A few days later, the right spur was down to about 2 inches then a few days after that, the left one sloughed off too.View attachment 2802609
I've never had mine shed off but I have multiple rooster and a lot of times in the spring they start fighting with eachother a lot more. They bust little bits of their spurs off often, which results in the longest spurs only being 1.5-2 inches here. Those are some really impressive spurs though none of mine grt a chance to get that big 😅

No, mine just shed, & get longer, & end up gashing the ladies if I don't tend to their spurs.

I've never had mine shed off but I have multiple rooster and a lot of times in the spring they start fighting with eachother a lot more. They bust little bits of their spurs off often, which results in the longest spurs only being 1.5-2 inches here. Those are some really impressive spurs though none of mine grt a chance to get that big 😅
The neat thing about Fabio's spurs are the way they curved. They are useless for defense, can't hurt the girls and don't interfere with his walking so I never had to do anything with them.
I have a hen that needs her spurs trimmed.

The neat thing about Fabio's spurs are the way they curved. They are useless for defense, can't hurt the girls and don't interfere with his walking so I never had to do anything with them.
I have a hen getting close to needing her spur trimmed too.

In a way it worked out then. On the plus side he has something to show off too ;)

Back
Top Bottom