Bill injury

newbyduckmom

Songster
8 Years
Jul 18, 2011
Snohomish County, WA
One of my drakes has a scrap on his bill but looks like it is into the bill a good 1/8 inch. I down and over the left nostril (forget the correct term). I was thinking of putting some bag balm on it being careful to avoid the opening. Should I be concerned?

One of my drakes has a scrap on his bill but looks like it is into the bill a good 1/8 inch. I down and over the left nostril (forget the correct term). I was thinking of putting some bag balm on it being careful to avoid the opening. Should I be concerned?

Probably wouldn't hurt to put some bag balm on it or some triple antibiotic, my goose had a small hole in his bill 2 times last year and I just kept an eye on them and they healed with out doing anything. but You see what yours looks like so you have to be the one to judge whether something should be applied. By the way how is Mildred?

I think something like bag balm or triple antibiotic would be a good idea, too.

hugs.gif

Thanks, Mildred is doing quite well. She spent today in the sunshine giving the drakes grief! LOL Love that duck! She doesn't take any garbage from anyone!

Great news, I know you and her both are so happy and relieved for her to be out of sick bay. Keep us updated on the bill situation.

I was surprised by the bill injury. Looks like he must have sliced it on something. Not sure how he would have done it. Didn't think they were soft enough to cut. But, as usual, I learned something new everyday where these ducks are concerned!

I was surprised by the bill injury. Looks like he must have sliced it on something. Not sure how he would have done it. Didn't think they were soft enough to cut. But, as usual, I learned something new everyday where these ducks are concerned!

It;s strange material [for lack of a better word] I think my goose probably stuck his head under something and a nail or screw was sticking out so it could have been anything. I'ts for sure a learning experience.

Back
Top Bottom