BIN: RHODEBAR hatching eggs!

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by cluckitall, Sep 9, 2013.

1. cluckitall

cluckitall Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2012
    Mansfield OH
    My Coop
    I am now taking spring orders for my rhodebar eggs in sets of 8 for $24, plus $14 for shipping. Payment is thru paypal, and I double-box and double-wrap all orders. Rhodebars are great -- they're thrifty, excellent layers of large brown eggs, autosexing and pretty! They're a wonderful home flock bird and free-range well. All photos are of my birds -- chick photos are two different hatches from my breeders. PM me or reply below!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Never heard of this breed. But they look suspiciously like what I got when my Barred rock rooster was in with my Rhode Island Red hens and I incubated the eggs.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  3. cluckitall

Jun 6, 2012
    Mansfield OH
    My Coop
    Enola, Rhodebars are an autosexing breed created from Rhode Islad reds and Brussbars, which are an English breed. Here's more about them: http://greenfirefarms.com/store/category/chickens/rhodebar/

My breeders are GFF stock, and all brown egg layers (somehow a colored gene got into some lines that now lay green eggs -- they're not supposed to. Pure-bred rhodebars are brown-egg layers.)

4. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Very pretty chickens!

5. cluckitall

Jun 6, 2012
    Mansfield OH
    My Coop
    Thanks! [​IMG] Actually, they're even prettier now -- the pics are 2-3 months old or so and Sudeo (my roo) has filled out SO much -- I've really got to take some updated pics sometime. They're wonderful birds, and being able to sex them at hatch is a huge advantage for a small breeder like me. I've got two pens of 2nd gen adolescents growing out -- I'm going to keep the best of them for a second breeding flock next year and sell off the rest.

6. pastrymama

pastrymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2010
    Phoenix
    [​IMG] Hi Clucky!

7. cluckitall

Jun 6, 2012
    Mansfield OH
    My Coop
    Heya pastrymama!!! How's things in AZ?

8. Penny Hen

Penny Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2013
    Goodlettsville, TN
    Sounds like a Cream Legbar jumped the fence. [​IMG]

9. cluckitall

Jun 6, 2012
    Mansfield OH
    My Coop
    Penny Hen, from the pictures I've seen of the "special green egg-laying" rhodebars here and there, that'd be my guess, too [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  10. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    if you have eggs available, please PM me. Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by