BIN: RHODEBAR hatching eggs!

cluckitall

Songster
10 Years
Jun 6, 2012
Mansfield OH
My Coop
My Coop
I am now taking spring orders for my rhodebar eggs in sets of 8 for $24, plus $14 for shipping. Payment is thru paypal, and I double-box and double-wrap all orders. Rhodebars are great -- they're thrifty, excellent layers of large brown eggs, autosexing and pretty! They're a wonderful home flock bird and free-range well. All photos are of my birds -- chick photos are two different hatches from my breeders. PM me or reply below!

Last edited:
Enola, Rhodebars are an autosexing breed created from Rhode Islad reds and Brussbars, which are an English breed. Here's more about them: http://greenfirefarms.com/store/category/chickens/rhodebar/

My breeders are GFF stock, and all brown egg layers (somehow a colored gene got into some lines that now lay green eggs -- they're not supposed to. Pure-bred rhodebars are brown-egg layers.)

Thanks!
smile.png
Actually, they're even prettier now -- the pics are 2-3 months old or so and Sudeo (my roo) has filled out SO much -- I've really got to take some updated pics sometime. They're wonderful birds, and being able to sex them at hatch is a huge advantage for a small breeder like me. I've got two pens of 2nd gen adolescents growing out -- I'm going to keep the best of them for a second breeding flock next year and sell off the rest.

Enola, Rhodebars are an autosexing breed created from Rhode Islad reds and Brussbars, which are an English breed. Here's more about them: http://greenfirefarms.com/store/category/chickens/rhodebar/

My breeders are GFF stock, and all brown egg layers (somehow a colored gene got into some lines that now lay green eggs -- they're not supposed to. Pure-bred rhodebars are brown-egg layers.)

Sounds like a Cream Legbar jumped the fence.
th.gif

Penny Hen, from the pictures I've seen of the "special green egg-laying" rhodebars here and there, that'd be my guess, too
tongue2.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom