Bingo Egg Hatch-a-Long

Pistachio is so cute!!
Adorable little ball of curiosity and vigor.

I had been worried that they'd be weak from being stuck and unable to move in the egg, but Pistachio is wandering around the brooder like they own the place.

I'll get some proper pictures in better light soon once I'm sure they've fully recovered from hatching, I just don't want to stress them out further by handling them too much.

This is going to be the final post in this thread, because anyone who was going to hatch has long since hatched.

I just wanted to post for prosperity's sake that after 2 weeks, Pistachio is still alive and well! (And finally post that picture in good light I promised)

They're a fair bit smaller than the Welsummers, but I have no way of knowing if that's due to genetics or because of Pistachio's rough start.

At 2 weeks old, Pistachio weighs 2.9 ounces, and has started to grow a few black feathers on each of their wings. I can't wait to see how they look all grown up.

received_590205239022036.jpeg

(I'll be posting a raising chicks thread later with Pistachio and the 8 Welsummers that has pictures of all of them, but that's a thread for tomorrow I think)
Thanks to everyone who followed along with me and Pistachio!

Back
Top Bottom