Updated screenshots

Attachments

• 21C2ED31-D668-43D9-A037-D4FAF8DC1089.png
    21C2ED31-D668-43D9-A037-D4FAF8DC1089.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 93165DB2-494D-4C98-B8A1-AE6350D39CE1.png
    93165DB2-494D-4C98-B8A1-AE6350D39CE1.png
    280.1 KB · Views: 1
Im not sure. Keep birds locked up and pray?

We have a huge pond here so I've been freaking since the beginning. I am so thankful for the water lilies as they reduce it's desirability to waterfowl. There have been a few ducks out there in the middle where it's open but that's a good 1000 feet away and they don't come onto land.

If you’re in the 10km range, what do you have to do?
Just be very very vigilant. Keep them covered, bring them inside if possible. If you were in the 6km range, than USDA would contact you and contact you for testing.

I would keep them completely covered, and keep wild birds out of the run. Cover the walls in mosquito netting.

Oh no! On no thats awful! I'm so sorry! Is your run covered? Do you need some inspiration, I'd be happy to help give some ideas. :hugs
Thanks.

My run is covered, although some birds can sneak under the edge of the fence since there’s not an apron. I keep filling the holes, but they always figure out a different way.

I’d love tips!

So far I’m changing clothes, have a dedicated pair of boots, not seeing other people with chickens, etc.

Thanks.

My run is covered, although some birds can sneak under the edge of the fence since there’s not an apron. I keep filling the holes, but they always figure out a different way.

I’d love tips!

So far I’m changing clothes, have a dedicated pair of boots, not seeing other people with chickens, etc.
Those are great precautions! I posted a WSDA webinar update form a week or two ago a page or two back. Its about 30 minuets long, but definitely worth watching. What it sounded like from that webinar, is that most flocks are getting infected after having direct contact with infected wild birds.
For example, she said one of the cases was from a flock that was sharing a pond with wild waterfowl. Another flock owner was letting a pare of Wild Mallards cosy up in the chicken coop with the chickens each night.
So that is very reassuming. Not that they couldn't get it from a secondary carrier, like song birds, or from water runoff, or other carrier. But, it is reassuring there's a chance they might not catch it if they don't have direct contact.

Back
Top Bottom