Bird flu, respiratory issue or Sulky being paranoid? Hen problem.

SulkyBantam

···ʞɔǝꓒ ʎɹǝʌƎ ɥʇᴉM ɹǝʇɹoɥS ɓuᴉʇʇǝꓨ sI ʞɐǝꓭ ʎW
Nov 3, 2020
The Emerald Isle
My Coop
My Coop
I have a laying BSL who's making me nervous.

I can hear her breathing (exhaling I think), when close to her.

She's still laying and laid today. Her comb seems slightly paler. She's eating, drinking and active. The only other difference is she rests in the day more (just sits down).

No other birds affected. She's usually a fairly healthy girl though she did have sour crop a little while back.

I'd really love some help/advice?

give her a clove of garlic and see if that helps. chop it in 2 pieces. garlic is good for infections, sour crop and worms.

if she is not better tomorrow you can treat her with some antibiotics.

Any idea of cause? I know I should Isolate but I can't completely as in 30 feet away and she's already been with the flock so...

she might have some respiratory issue or simply she inhaled some dust or similar. don't panic, just watch her.

I always try garlic and cayenne pepper before treating with antibiotics. it sometimes helps.

she might have some respiratory issue or simply she inhaled some dust or similar. don't panic, just watch her.

I always try garlic and cayenne pepper before treating with antibiotics. it sometimes helps.
Thanks. I gave her the garlic. What antibiotics?

Thanks. I gave her the garlic. What antibiotics?

can you get human vibramycin? 1/4 for up to 2,5 kg of body weight (1/2 for 5kg). otherwise oxytetracycline, baytril, tylan - I don't know what you can get.

don't give her antibiotics unless you are sure she is sick. also check for lice and mites.

Back
Top Bottom