Bird flu, respiratory issue or Sulky being paranoid? Hen problem.

can you get human vibramycin? 1/4 for up to 2,5 kg of body weight (1/2 for 5kg). otherwise oxytetracycline, baytril, tylan - I don't know what you can get.

don't give her antibiotics unless you are sure she is sick. also check for lice and mites.
Not sure if I can get it. She does have some lice which is being treated, not sure how that would affect her breathing though?

Not sure if I can get it. She does have some lice which is being treated, not sure how that would affect her breathing though?

lice weaken chickens.

go on with cayenne pepper in their feed and a clove of garlic in 2 l of water for a few days. put fresh garlic every day. cayenne contains iron and vitamins that will improve their blood, will fight bacteria as well as garlic. garlic will also help with lice as they don't like it.

lice weaken chickens.

go on with cayenne pepper in their feed and a clove of garlic in 2 l of water for a few days. put fresh garlic every day. cayenne contains iron and vitamins that will improve their blood, will fight bacteria as well as garlic. garlic will also help with lice as they don't like it.
I know they weaken them, which is why I was not happy on finding them. She has less than she used to though. Ok, thanks.

I have a laying BSL who's making me nervous.

I can hear her breathing (exhaling I think), when close to her.

She's still laying and laid today. Her comb seems slightly paler. She's eating, drinking and active. The only other difference is she rests in the day more (just sits down).

No other birds affected. She's usually a fairly healthy girl though she did have sour crop a little while back.

I'd really love some help/advice?
My welsummer Autum use to do this but not anymore. There is nothing wrong if a chicken sits down they are just resting nothing to worry about. You could use electrolytes or apple cider vinger water with garlic and honey. You could even use vitamin supplements. I would also give her protein like leftover meat.

My welsummer Autum use to do this but not anymore. There is nothing wrong if a chicken sits down they are just resting nothing to worry about. You could use electrolytes or apple cider vinger water with garlic and honey. You could even use vitamin supplements. I would also give her protein like leftover meat.
I know of course if they are resting, just noticed her doing this for longer periods of time. Tysm, I have ACD and electrolytes. Its possible I'm being paranoid though, I already have an ill chicken so I get too vigilant.

Back
Top Bottom