Bird got the boot last night.....

The dispute between you and your husband aside at my place I do not tolerate aggressive roosters. If one acts like he's going to jump me he's going to get a Redwing suborbital boost. It's a chicken not a child stepping in between quarreling parents.

Your husband should apologize for mashing your plant.

do understand that Bird has 'attacked' DH once before. He got to close to Birds Fluffy Butts, and Bird throttled DH legs pretty bad. Left a bruise. He has had to boot lightly Bird once before. It was not hard enough to hurt him though. Kinda more of a 'scoot' than anything else. I did not see Bird start to attack DH, but DH said that he was. We (hub and I are ok, no worries there, I should just learn to put my stuff out of his way! I will plant my stuff away from his garage from now on. That way he CANT stomp on them~)

Naw, he's not abusive to me at all. He just isnt an animal person at all. Doesnt care for them, but I have never seen him hurt one before. He refuses to apoligize because he says that Bird attacked him, and he had to kick him. whatever, I am just concerned that my 'big guy' wont come around me anymore!!!! grrrr.....

Bird is a sweet heart to everyone if they are all outside their pen in the yard. But if you go in his pen (anyone except me that is) and your are male? just watch your back. Bird was trying to protect me I am sure. Just as a dog would growl at someone if that person was threateneing his master. he runs off squirrels from the birdfeeder for me.

Bird rides the lawnmower with me now, heck, what if I cant get him to do that??? No one will think I am crazy anymore!!!!!
lol.png

Last edited:
A.T. Hagan :

The dispute between you and your husband aside at my place I do not tolerate aggressive roosters. If one acts like he's going to jump me he's going to get a Redwing suborbital boost. It's a chicken not a child stepping in between quarreling parents.

Your husband should apologize for mashing your plant.

I should add that I have taken the timmer to one of my wife's plants b4 in error
hide.gif
...but no animals were harmed in that argument...I don't think I can even call it argument...it was more of a scolding that I got hahahaha!!!​

My great dane is very jealous of me with others - any others. When DH and I hug, my dane will get up off the couch JUST to try to squeeze in between. If my son does a playful jab at me, my dane thinks it's serious, and will bark at him and whine a bit. Your roo raising his hackles sounds like that - like he was being protective of you. If he'd jumped up and tried to spur your DH (and the D isn't "dear" in this incident), then I can see booting him (although he obviously was reacting in anger and not self-defense). But not for raising his hackles. Doesn't take a psych. to see that your DH was ticked and took it out on the roo more than he normally would have had he not been ticked. It bites that he hasn't said something like "Sorry - didn't mean to kick your rooster so hard" or something along those lines.
That aside, if you didn't see any injuries, I'm sure your rooster's pride is hurt more than anything else. And you were standing there when he got hit, so he's probably partly associated you with what happened. Treats and just hanging out sweet talking him will win him back most likely.

yup. that's exactly the overprotective thing that he did. I had a dog like that before as well. it's actually kind of cute. (as long as no one gets hurt!!!!!) I just went out and picked him up a package of mealy worms just for him. aaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllll for him only. THAT's gonna be a hard one to keep the girls away from.

Im probably the only one here that doesnt think he has anger problems, i would have kicked any rooster that attacked me/or any one else.

Back
Top Bottom