bird not walking

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Lynnette, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Lynnette

Lynnette Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2013
    my guinea has been hobbling around since friday afternoon. she is eating n drinking n i seperated her from the others. is there somthing that i should b doing for her. it seems like she cant walk.

2. Sphynxii

Sphynxii Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2013
    I bought two mascovies that after a while started hobbling and then couldnt not even stand or walk i took the too the vetand they said it was a calcium deficency problem im sorry i cant remember the name of the stuff they told us to use but im sure if you caall or go see someone they should be able to help :)

3. Lynnette

Apr 7, 2013
    thx

4. Sphynxii

Aug 21, 2013
    No worries

5. Lynnette

Apr 7, 2013
    I looked at her legs n claws today. Her rt. leg seems to b OK. But she is not gripping my fingers with her claw. I splinted her middle claw with Q- tips. ( it seemed that was the one that made her pull away when I messed with them) She is still eating n drinking n she laid an egg today so that's good. If her claw is broke how long do I leave the splints on?:/

6. Lynnette

Apr 7, 2013
    I looked at her legs n claws today. Her rt. leg seems to b OK. But she is not gripping my fingers with her claw. I splinted her middle claw with Q- tips. ( it seemed that was the one that made her pull away when I messed with them) She is still eating n drinking n she laid an egg today so that's good. If her claw is broke how long do I leave the splints on?:/

7. Sphynxii

Aug 21, 2013
    im not quite sure with birds but just until she starts walking fine i guess

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by