Bird watching

Pics
As much as a pest as these Cowbirds can be, I do love their voice, similar to Red-winged Blackbirds.

Turkey eggs take about 28 days to hatch, so you won't see your Turkeys for some time yet. Get a low tray of water ready in about a month so the babies can come get a drink first thing. Turkey babies are mobile right after hatch and thirsty!

Sorry, I forgot to reply!

That's nice they at least have a nice call :)

And wow long time! I'll definitely get some water ready. Maybe that's why they haven't come around?

Also what is this? I know, terrible pics

It's a catbird. Ours is back, we named him the happy catbird. He goes from tree to tree singing at the top of his lungs.

The caterpillars are starting to hatch. There have been tons of chickadees hanging on my apple and pear trees chowing down on them.

We don't have cat birds out here. Are they the same birds that I hear love to come to campsites and eat off the picnic tables?? LOL

Awesome! Not sure I've ever seen one. This one is certainly loud too! Pretty call though. Also do they normally travel in pairs or was it coincidence? There seem to be two of them.

I haven't seen any caterpillars yet but I hope they aren't too bad this year. Last year they nearly killed our aspen or birch (I'm not really sure what it is). Bought spray but too late in the season and I was nervous as it's next to the chickens.

I heard they might die this year due to fungas from all the rain? That rain's good? And also that duct tape with Vaseline works?

As for the camp sites, I'm not sure but was eating an apple so maybe lol

Awesome! Not sure I've ever seen one. This one is certainly loud too! Pretty call though. Also do they normally travel in pairs or was it coincidence? There seem to be two of them.

I haven't seen any caterpillars yet but I hope they aren't too bad this year. Last year they nearly killed our aspen or birch (I'm not really sure what it is). Bought spray but too late in the season and I was nervous as it's next to the chickens.

I heard they might die this year due to fungas from all the rain? That rain's good? And also that duct tape with Vaseline works?

As for the camp sites, I'm not sure but was eating an apple so maybe lol

I'm not sure if catbirds hang out at picnic tables. I have seen them in pairs occasionally but most often I see them alone.

They eat suet too in addition to fruit. I have suet up for most of the year, trying to distract woodpeckers from the barn. Wrens and chickadees like it too.

I'm not sure if catbirds hang out at picnic tables. I have seen them in pairs occasionally but most often I see them alone.

They eat suet too in addition to fruit. I have suet up for most of the year, trying to distract woodpeckers from the barn. Wrens and chickadees like it too.

Yeah, sometimes I've seen them together but other times they're alone so idk

I'll have to get some suet

Back
Top Bottom