Birthday coop

seminolewind

Flock Mistress
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
Sep 6, 2007
Corydon, Indiana
I asked DH to build me this coop for my birthday in March: He started on it already. This is not my pic, it's a pic of the coop I want. Oh yea, this will be for my silkies
smile.png
The thing is 8 feet long and 4 foot deep. I think the coop is 5 feet wide.

3891_hpnx3659.jpg

Last edited:
I think the coop is adorable but keep in mind if the silkies are already grown, they might not be able to master the idea of climbing the ramp to get inside and thus end up staying outside all the time.

I just wanted to give you a heads up so you can think ahead as to how you could change somethings if this happens. This is sadly one of the reasons I got rid of my silkies. I loved their personalities but it was just too much work climbing into their run and putting them to bed every night (especially on rainy, icy or snowy nights).

Last edited:
Sianara, thanks for the heads up. But my silkies have been climbing ramps for 2 years now. The one they have on the present coop is higher than that. But the ramp is 7 feet long. Thanks again.

And the door latches will be sturdy and locking, those things on the picture look like they might slip down on their own.

Quote:
Lucky you! If mine could have figured it out I would have kept them. The rooster Charles was the sweetest rooster I've ever had!

Back
Top Bottom