You could try a veggie platter with edible decorations...
I recently saw a fruit platter plated to look like an owl... But you could do that with any theme, I should think.

You could decorate whatever you're using as a cake with edible flowers (phlox are pretty) - just make sure that they really are edible, and haven't been sprayed.

You could put together a station where they make their own bath salts or bath beads. Something like: http://www.everythingetsy.com/2012/10/homemade-bath-salt-diy-gift/
(Skip the artificial color.)

You could have birthday themed letterboxing. Even more fun if they make their own stamps out of foam stickers and a piece of wood. Use the favor bag instead of a book.

(Get the theme... They're putting together their own favor bags.)

I'm always terrible at getting these things together. Either I'm a mess, with less than no help (<-- defined as your "help" can't even answer the door for that early guest when you're in the bathroom - "Smudge! Smuuudge! Where are you? There's someone at the door.") or I get organized... and no one comes... or only 2 people come, and one of them is 45 minutes late. So the past 2 years I've just told mine she can have 1 friend for a sleepover sometime near her birthday.

Oh, you can also make a bird-of-paradise fruit salad using hollowed out pineapple as a bowl... and call it any bird you like ;)
I recently saw a fruit platter plated to look like an owl... But you could do that with any theme, I should think.

You could decorate whatever you're using as a cake with edible flowers (phlox are pretty) - just make sure that they really are edible, and haven't been sprayed.

You could put together a station where they make their own bath salts or bath beads. Something like: http://www.everythingetsy.com/2012/10/homemade-bath-salt-diy-gift/

You could have birthday themed letterboxing. Even more fun if they make their own stamps out of foam stickers and a piece of wood. Use the favor bag instead of a book.

I'm always terrible at getting these things together. Either I'm a mess, with less than no help (<-- defined as your "help" can't even answer the door for that early guest when you're in the bathroom - "Smudge! Smuuudge! Where are you? There's someone at the door.") or I get organized... and no one comes... or only 2 people come, and one of them is 45 minutes late. So the past 2 years I've just told mine she can have 1 friend for a sleepover sometime near her birthday.
thanks for the help. thats sad to hear

yeah she does most of the work

I'm always terrible at getting these things together. Either I'm a mess, with less than no help (<-- defined as your "help" can't even answer the door for that early guest when you're in the bathroom - "Smudge! Smuuudge! Where are you? There's someone at the door.") or I get organized... and no one comes... or only 2 people come, and one of them is 45 minutes late. So the past 2 years I've just told mine she can have 1 friend for a sleepover sometime near her birthday.[/QUOTE, yeah she does most of the wwork

Back
Top Bottom