Bit by the hatching bug ... Marans hatch

I know...it drives me nuts. This time I set the bator up in the basement...trying for the out of sight, out of mind.
How is it going??

Kristie

This hatching business is for the birds......LOL. our of the 28 eggs that went into lockdown, Ive got 7 wild maniacs running around, two that zipped 3/5 of the way and stopped and two with a pip hole. The ones that stopped.....I could reach in through one of the vents in the top and pic at the shell a bit....and it had hardened like glue to their head. and my humidity never has gone below 65%.. I think Ive got those two in a position that they can finish now. the other two with a pip hole, ..... I cant tell if anything is still moving in there or not. Oh, and we are just starting day 23

I took a quick peak in the bator before heading out today. Looks like another one escaped its shell last night.that puts the count at 11.. however, the wheaten, while still alive, hasn't moved from where I left it last night.

I took a quick peak in the bator before heading out today. Looks like another one escaped its shell last night.that puts the count at 11.. however, the wheaten, while still alive, hasn't moved from where I left it last night.

I have to agree Matt. I made the decision to only incubate once a year. Too frustrating!!! I am enjoying the break and moved onto rabbits. :)

Kristie

Back
Top Bottom