We spent the day extracting the honey from the hives in Maine. Brought them down last weekend. There were six of them, but there were a few in there that were light, a couple not filled at all. Some wasn't capped all the way, but withstood the shake test, so we extracted them anyways. Hubby bought me a cold uncapping knife, and I really like it. I had the hot knife plugged in, but unplugged it quickly. That cold knife cut through easier, and dealt with comb that hadn't been built out very far. I was pleasantly surprised. The honey is all mixed up. Some frames were very blond, some very dark, and some had a little of both! It's a rich, full bodied honey, not herbal or floral like what we'll get off the hives down here. That has to happen soon! Problem is weekends are too short when you have to work on Saturday, and he's been working lots of Saturdays. Here are a few pics, first a nice full frame: Greg says "Annie, look!": Here's the knife in action: Someday I want to get labels made with my little homestead name, both for the honey and for the eggs. I've got a picture in my mind of what I want, but getting that onto a label is going to take some doing - by someone else! I can't draw a straight line.