Biting my nails!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Minniechickmama, May 14, 2010.

1. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    I set a batch of eggs in my Hova Bator on the 22nd/23rd and I have yet to see a pip. I am getting SO anxious now. I did pull one out and I heard a faint peep, so at least one has pipped the sac. Wish me luck! Send some good hatching Karma, PLEASE! I started with 46 and due to a few fertility issues, ended up with only 13 making it to lockdown.
    I will post results. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. grundail01

grundail01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    Dustin Acres
    [​IMG] [​IMG] sending hatching vibes your way [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Minniechickmama

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    The fun has begun! I had a few pipped this morning, now I have lost one that was almost there-a Buckeye [​IMG] But 2 Buckeyes have hatched and one Splash Orpington. There are still some that are pipped and the bantams should be coming tomorrow is they are only a day behind like they should be. I won't feel a sign of relief though until I know all of them are done.
    I did coach the first one out though, I kept peeping and whistling in the air holes on top to cheer it on until it was all of the way out.

4. Minniechickmama

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    And the fun is over....for now.
    I ended up with 1 Splash Orpington and 3 Buckeyes.
    Better luck next time.

5. grundail01

grundail01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    Dustin Acres
    well i'm glad you got some to hatch, 0 out of 49 for me.. had some power issues. I still have 3 out of 5 duck eggs going though for the 29th

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by