Bizarre Craigslist interaction

Pics
I was selling a bunch of roosters on Craigslist for "free". NO ONE wanted them. So I charged $5 for them all and had several calls.
:he
Once they got here I told them they could keep their 5 bucks. :lau
Are you kidding?! I wondered why all the free roosters on CL stay there for a while ... wonder what happens if you say, “one million dollars or best offer?”

Anyone else hate it when you get a reply asking for like 70$ worth of birds sexed (so u have to raise till u can tell) and it seems a lil sus when its all in caps coming from a windows 10 computer 😆

I thought you guys might get a laugh from this. Yesterday I received an email reply thru craigslist about some hens I’m selling, it said only, “distance to dingmans in pa” that’s it. I googled dingmans pa and it seems to be dingmans ferry probably so I replied it seems to be several hours away, and got a reply that simply said “2”.

No further emails. No idea if they’re expecting a reply or what that reply would even be haha. I just said thank you.
I'd say that's scam. Stay away and ignore!

My friend bought some hens the other day off a British Craigslist version. The hens arrived no probs at all. Next morning he goes to check on them and 1 Is missing (a white one) and the other is wandering around outside the coop. The door was closed. Clearly the seller tried to steal them back!
This kind of thing is why I’ve bought locks for my coop. I don’t lock it often but if I’ve noticed anything suspicious or I’m going to be gone I lock them up. We’ve had several people escape from the a couple of different local jails in the past few years. The most recent was back in March. A teenager who had been convicted of killing his parents escaped just the other side of the county line. They lived down the road from us when it happened so there was a lot of worry about him showing up around here especially with all the drug houses on this road.
There are some weird people out there. I had some guy call me in the middle of the night and wouldn't believe that he had the wrong number. I stopped answering after the 2nd call, and this is what followed:
View attachment 2607915
That’s wild.
I was selling a bunch of roosters on Craigslist for "free". NO ONE wanted them. So I charged $5 for them all and had several calls.
:he
Once they got here I told them they could keep their 5 bucks. :lau
This is what we do with any animals we are looking to get rid of or adopted out. Chickens, foster kitten, etc.
I'm trying to sell chicks after someone on Craigslist wanted me to hatch 24... I should have gotten a deposit but with hatching you never know what will hatch but I've learned my lesson. But now I'm listing chicks for sale and I get a message the other day from someone 1hr away but they want me to click some link for Google voice note to make sure I'm not a bot 😂 so I say "well I don't click links from strangers since they might be scammers 😂
they just kept asking over and over if they could send me this link and finally I blocked them. That is the main reason I use a text app to give me a different number.
People are wild 🤣
That text app sounds like an excellent idea. Which one do you recommend?
I once offered a plastic mat that goes under a desk chair for free on Craigslist. I got a call from someone saying she was blind, and could I deliver? Soft-hearted me, I did. She saw me through the window and put down what she was reading to come get the mat. *sigh*
People are crazy..... and stupid.

Got this 5pm yesterday no reply since the back n forth(bybthe email name i think english is a 2nd language) eggs arent even on my ad lol
This is totally normal. Seriously they always show up on time and don’t complain. Like 75% of my sales start with nonsense. Like I get an email that just says “I call to arranging quills” and 2 days later I have $50. I think they often use google translate and it makes all the grammar weird.

Ah, now I get it!
“Two Marans-a-Velder cockerels, very rare. Two for the price of one since they’re a bonded pair. $75.00 firm.”
I guess it's actually more like brand names. We have one 4H mom who has various mixes with Cochins that call them "Sunny Cochins".

Back
Top Bottom