Bizarre Craigslist interaction

Pics
I guess it's actually more like brand names. We have one 4H mom who has various mixes with Cochins that call them "Sunny Cochins".
Maybe i should play up the genetics in my button quails and point out how they have co dominant R gene with recessive white gene bleeding through on the chest and under wings and how it can effect the color morphs of bloodlines and make beautiful accidental color creations 😆

Maybe i should play up the genetics in my button quails and point out how they have co dominant R gene with recessive white gene bleeding through on the chest and under wings and how it can effect the color morphs of bloodlines and make beautiful accidental color creations 😆
Make sure to have some cute catch phrase: Sir Morph’s Button Quail: Recessive Genes at their Best!”

Haha! I had a craigslist experience funny too! I asked if they had any more of the chicks they had shown available, and then they said what? So I answered that I saw an ad online for chicks this number was selling, and they asked me if I wanted chicks (women) or chicks (chickens) !!
LOL ... give that # to the police dept and watch the news.

I guess it's actually more like brand names. We have one 4H mom who has various mixes with Cochins that call them "Sunny Cochins".
With being in 4-h I see how there are structured names and when you say a breed, or morph, people have a pre-established image in their head of what it is. So maybe to have some phrasing to set yourself apart they try to add a catchy descriptor? I can understand especially with newer or less popular breeds how people might just make their own names for morphs and patterns because it’s hard to find real info. I know with Quail it’s hard to find good definitive info. There are Facebook groups, but I don’t do Facebook, and I don’t think I should have to, so sometimes I’ll make up color names because I don’t have any other way to differentiate. Like I call this dusty rose:
3FC3C911-739F-4579-B996-62E7960E1799.jpeg

The reality is, this color is a combination of Silver, roux, and fee. But in a craigslist post I would just say dusty rose and people are crazy about it.

With being in 4-h I see how there are structured names and when you say a breed, or morph, people have a pre-established image in their head of what it is. So maybe to have some phrasing to set yourself apart they try to add a catchy descriptor? I can understand especially with newer or less popular breeds how people might just make their own names for morphs and patterns because it’s hard to find real info. I know with Quail it’s hard to find good definitive info. There are Facebook groups, but I don’t do Facebook, and I don’t think I should have to, so sometimes I’ll make up color names because I don’t have any other way to differentiate. Like I call this dusty rose:
View attachment 2641158
The reality is, this color is a combination of Silver, roux, and fee. But in a craigslist post I would just say dusty rose and people are crazy about it.
Yeah, but these aren't even full cochins. They have a single bad quality Cochin male and they decided that they can sell 'Sunny Cochins' for more than they can a Cochin mix.

I tried to rehome a couple roosters on craigslist once, got a few responses and one enthusiastically saying he would take both and he has tons of hens, a big coop and lots of space. Very polite and coherent so I was surprised because I wasn't expecting much from craigslist. I told him that sounded great and asked for a picture of his set up, and then made a lighthearted joke about wanting to make sure they don't become meat. I immediately got an email back calling me multiple random slurs, absolutely no grammar and terrible spelling, saying something about how he could buy "chiken" meat at the grocery store for five dollars. He ended the email by swearing at me and calling me the f slur. It was so baffling I honestly couldn't help but laugh, I just wonder what he was planning to do with them that me asking resulted in him having some sort of psychotic episode.

I tried to rehome a couple roosters on craigslist once, got a few responses and one enthusiastically saying he would take both and he has tons of hens, a big coop and lots of space. Very polite and coherent so I was surprised because I wasn't expecting much from craigslist. I told him that sounded great and asked for a picture of his set up, and then made a lighthearted joke about wanting to make sure they don't become meat. I immediately got an email back calling me multiple random slurs, absolutely no grammar and terrible spelling, saying something about how he could buy chicken meat at the grocery store for five dollars, spelled "chiken." He ended the email by swearing at me and calling me the f slur. It was so baffling I honestly couldn't help but laugh, I just wonder what he was planning to do with them that me asking resulted in him having some sort of psychotic episode.
He probably was going to use them for meat. So many people won't give up males to be used for meat that people sometimes lie so that they do get the bird (idk why they go through the effort if lying, but who knows now a days)

He probably was going to use them for meat. So many people won't give up males to be used for meat that people sometimes lie so that they do get the bird (idk why they go through the effort if lying, but who knows now a days)
That was my assumption. But his email was so unhinged and incoherent that it was hard to tell lol. I think I must have deleted it but I wish I still had it so I could go back and see exactly what he said for a laugh, it was completely incomprehensible.

That was my assumption. But his email was so unhinged and incoherent that it was hard to tell lol. I think I must have deleted it but I wish I still had it so I could go back and see exactly what he said for a laugh, it was completely incomprehensible.
Who knows. I don't post on Craigslist because I always have problems. Someone was looking for roosters so I jumped on that opportunity (threw in a pullet and a hen too) and found out that they had between 40-60 roosters and a couple hens in their garage because they were moving and didn't feel like building a coop before moving and building another.

They came back home with me. I couldn't do that to those poor birds. They were different ages (6 weeks to 7 years for the pullet and hen and between 6 weeks and 9 months for the males) and would have been killed with those scenarios

I tried to rehome a couple roosters on craigslist once, got a few responses and one enthusiastically saying he would take both and he has tons of hens, a big coop and lots of space. Very polite and coherent so I was surprised because I wasn't expecting much from craigslist. I told him that sounded great and asked for a picture of his set up, and then made a lighthearted joke about wanting to make sure they don't become meat. I immediately got an email back calling me multiple random slurs, absolutely no grammar and terrible spelling, saying something about how he could buy "chiken" meat at the grocery store for five dollars. He ended the email by swearing at me and calling me the f slur. It was so baffling I honestly couldn't help but laugh, I just wonder what he was planning to do with them that me asking resulted in him having some sort of psychotic episode.
Maybe, unknown to you, he had been dealing with that because people think certain races or maybe immigrants in general eat pets or something and he was touchy about it? I’ve heard a lot of crazy racial nonsense, and I’m sure craigslist brings out all the winners. I find that people with heavy accents usually are my best customers, they are usually the ones who actually know about the animals. It’s the suburban college and hs students that are the worst with their nonsense, I wanna keep 15 birds in a rabbit cage in my room, kind of stuff. And they are the ones who call me because they’re unhappy that their $8 bird is missing 5 feathers from the back of the head. I totally discriminate against hipster and college types when I get emails from cl.

Back
Top Bottom