Black Australope chickens

She's partially puffed up so it could broodiness, or that she's feeling poorly. What happens when you remove her from the nest? Does she just sit down where you place her? You mentioned she's been making a weird noise, is it a ticking sound like a time bomb in an old TV show?
When I moved her yesterday she later where I but her but I gave her fresh water and she moved to it and was laying down drinking water still puffed up. The noise is like a short and fast cow like noise not like the usual noise she usually has a long dragged out cow moo noise but no ticking like a bomb noise. Should I just leave her alone or look under her from time to time?? This is so new for both of us

How long will she stay this way? So I need to check every so often for an egg? Do I just pick her up carefully and then lay her back down?
She might be broody for a few weeks trying to hatch eggs
My easter egger was super aggressive when she was broody, I hope your hen won't be like that

How long will she stay this way? So I need to check every so often for an egg? Do I just pick her up carefully and then lay her back down?
You can break her broodiness by putting g her into a dog kennel with no bedding only a roost for a few days. Other wise, she may stay like that for weeks.

She might be broody for a few weeks trying to hatch eggs
My easter egger was super aggressive when she was broody, I hope your hen won't be like that
Sheā€™s not aggressive sheā€™s always been so sweet and she lets me pet her all the time and now as well. I just am nervous used to seeing her play and run around

Should I just leave her alone or look under her from time to time??
I would cage her up with food and water like nuthatched suggested, for 2-3 days, and go from there. It'll also allow you to monitor her eating, drinking and pooping in case it's something else, as it's unusual (but not impossible) for a pullet to go broody before laying.

Back
Top Bottom