Black Australope chickens

Chick momma 8069

Chirping
Feb 4, 2024
Went to check on my 51/2 month old black australope chicken and usually she darks to the door but today she is like in a nest spot in her coop and has her wings laid out like she’s hot or something. Could she be trying to lay an egg??? Or should I be concerned?? I can’t find enough information on the internet I have attached a picture of her as what she is didn’t know if I should take a picture of what she looks like as of now or just leave her alone this will be her first egg.

Attachments

• IMG_1818.png
    IMG_1818.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 107
No need to be concerned. It is very likely her first egg and she is not sure what is happening so is acting a bit strange.
I went to check on her this morning she is still with us and acting the same just lying there with her head up. She is very attentive and making this weird noise I have never heard before she usually makes like lol a cow noise haha, but not these past few days. Is it normal for them to just lay down? Google said she should be doing a chicken song and standing up walking around. Well I also tried to feed her she wanted nothing to do with it. She did do a lot of drinking yesterday while I had the coop opened it was electrolytes and vitamin water. Well hopefully it is just her first egg making her abnormal, she is my favorite ( don’t tell ) 😁 Thank you for responding to my post.

This was her out in the run yesterday but this is what she looks like inside the coop too. And she like waddles up the ramp to the coop and then lays back down like this picture

Attachments

• IMG_1893.jpeg
    IMG_1893.jpeg
    709.3 KB · Views: 20
She's partially puffed up so it could broodiness, or that she's feeling poorly. What happens when you remove her from the nest? Does she just sit down where you place her? You mentioned she's been making a weird noise, is it a ticking sound like a time bomb in an old TV show?

She's partially puffed up so it could broodiness, or that she's feeling poorly. What happens when you remove her from the nest? Does she just sit down where you place her? You mentioned she's been making a weird noise, is it a ticking sound like a time bomb in an old TV show?
Mine don't tick, they growl and scream like little wolverines.🤣

Back
Top Bottom