Black Australorp gender help please :)

Obviously with better pics and Austrolorps, and depending on whether you named them or not.You could go like this:
Boots or Cochin 1
20211119_163648.jpg

Soldier or Cochin 2:
20210701_085841.jpg

Plum or Cochin 3:
20210919_100321.jpg

Any ideas what genders these four black australorps may be? For a while we thought 2 of each and then it looked like maybe 4 of each and now I’m not 100% sure on the two that may be roos but may just hens that are maturing earlier than the other two.
These photos were taken a week ago at roughly 7 weeks old. I’ve included close up profiles and full shots of each. I’ll get more tomorrow if there’s any other parts that might help specifically. I would say their feathers all look similar and are rounded as far as I can tell, none appear pointy looking.
This is a close call, I see one or maybe two possible Cockerels, but I would wait in order to be 100% certain on all of them. Always keep on the lookout for shiney feathers on their shoulders, and their back (right in front of the tail) for saddle feathers.

I have had a couple young hens with major combs growing up, and both turned out to be hens, so the combs can occasionally throw one off. 😉

This was licorice, my Aussie rooster! He has passed sadly, about four years ago.
92E72E88-3DC7-415E-B6BC-78C6ACCABB27.jpeg

This is a close call, I see one or maybe two possible Cockerels, but I would wait in order to be 100% certain on all of them. Always keep on the lookout for shiney feathers on their shoulders, and their back (right in front of the tail) for saddle feathers.

I have had a couple young hens with major combs growing up, and both turned out to be hens, so the combs can occasionally throw one off. 😉

This was licorice, my Aussie rooster! He has passed sadly, about four years ago.View attachment 2913618
Thanks. Yes I’m definitely torn as there’s two that I definitely think are girls and the other two I’ve been unsure of the whole time. I’ve read quite a bit on many that have had redder looking combs and then were hens after all. I won’t be sending any back until I’m definitely sure so I’ll be holding onto them until there’s any definite crowing.

@Emelyn @Overo Mare whats your thoughts on today? Was hard to get picks they just wanted to keep running up to me or standing together 🤣 I’m thinking number 2 is still a girl contender but 3 and 4 for sure roos. Not sure about 1??

Back
Top Bottom