Black Australorp Gender

Gender?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
See, yours is likely female. And it does have a similar pattern.
But not the same. The bird in question has a cockerel face and pattern. My vote doesn’t change.
Oh I'm 100% in agreeance! Not trying to sway anyone. Scherneyfx seemed surprised we all thought it was a Cockrell. I was just trying to show him how a hen would look, to further reinforce that his is a cockrell.

Black Australorp hens can have red-looking combs, from the pics I've seen the roos look bigger than females, like twice the size in some cases, but I've never had Black Australorps but will defer to others' advice.

This is my EE hen, looks a lot like yours, but much much smaller comb.View attachment 2290123View attachment 2290124
Here is my 16 week old EE that favors both. No comb development or color.
20200813_125849.jpg

Oh I'm 100% in agreeance! Not trying to sway anyone. Scherneyfx seemed surprised we all thought it was a Cockrell. I was just trying to show him how a hen would look, to further reinforce that his is a cockrell.
I am a female. Based on your earlier post it seemed like you thought the Easter egger could be female, but it seems everyone believes the Easter egger and Australorp are male

I am a female. Based on your earlier post it seemed like you thought the Easter egger could be female, but it seems everyone believes the Easter egger and Australorp are male
Well the Australorp when looking at the other one and it's pointy comb looks to be a male, but the EE I'm unsure about. The EE may be a female cause it's comb doesn't look that red and as for coloring IDK but there are exceptions to every rule. I would wait and see with the EE but Australorp is most likely male.

Back
Top Bottom