Black Australorp pullets?

Caligirl99

In the Brooder
Jun 29, 2023
We bought four 1-week old sexed black australorp pullets at our local TSC last month.

I’m getting worried though because several of them are showing prominent combs and I’m starting to suspect that at least two of them are roos 😩. We aren’t allowed to have roosters where we live so I’m hoping you can tell me what you think.

The chicks are 6 weeks old here and I’ve attached pics of the 2 that I’m the most worried about. Please let me know what you think. Thanks! IMG_5238.jpeg IMG_5240.jpeg IMG_5239.jpeg IMG_5227.jpeg

I think both are cockerels. They both have ginormous combs for 6 weeks. If they were purchased from a hatchery or feed store you may be able to exchange them or at least get a refund.
Thank you so much! They do have huge combs, but since they aren’t very red yet so I was still hopeful. Thank you for letting me know and I’ll start looking into rehoming them.

I think the chickens in pic 1 2 and 3 are cockerals. Im not sure if they are the same
Thank you so much for letting me know, and I’m sorry for not doing better with my post and with the labeling! I couldn’t figure out how to edit it after I posted them, and I agree that it is confusing.

So pic 1 and 2 are the same chick and pic 3 is one of his/her siblings. Looks like I’ll be looking into rehoming them.

Thank you so much for letting me know, and I’m sorry for not doing better with my post and with the labeling! I couldn’t figure out how to edit it after I posted them, and I agree that it is confusing.

So pic 1 and 2 are the same chick and pic 3 is one of his/her siblings. Looks like I’ll be looking into rehoming them.
No its ok. I was just saying if they were 3 different chickens there were 3 cockerals. But it looks like you have 2 cockerals.

We bought four 1-week old sexed black australorp pullets at our local TSC last month.

I’m getting worried though because several of them are showing prominent combs and I’m starting to suspect that at least two of them are roos 😩. We aren’t allowed to have roosters where we live so I’m hoping you can tell me what you think.

The chicks are 6 weeks old here and I’ve attached pics of the 2 that I’m the most worried about. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!View attachment 3560517View attachment 3560518View attachment 3560519View attachment 3560520
I’m sorry to say that both look like cockerels.
These are what my Australorp hens looked like @ 12 WEEKS IMG_5222.jpeg IMG_5203.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom