Black, Blue and Splash (BBS) Marans discussion thread

Pics
I have ONE solid Blue hen. I am working to get me some solid marans. It might be a year or more before I have some to work with. I KNOW where she came from and I know what she is being breed to to get me solid birds.
NICE !!!! Good Luck ! It will be nice to follow your success ! I hope to find one for myself ! I found Blue Cooper BUT not Blues.

My Black Marans are laying well and I'm liking there color so far.

Hello, I would like to see if there are any black blue or splash maran eggs forsale, or even chicks?!. Also would like to breed into a lavender, I would like to see what's available. Thank you!!!

So I thought the one of top was a splash . I was told it is probably a blue . The bottom one is a smokey blue color when sitting next to my black baby. Thoughts ? They are 5 days old.

So I thought the one of top was a splash . I was told it is probably a blue . The bottom one is a smokey blue color when sitting next to my black baby. Thoughts ? They are 5 days old.
I had a black, blue and splash hatch eight weeks ago. The top one looks just like my splash one did, almost silvery on top. I see wing feathering already, and they are definitely not blue. The lower one is a blue, though they can be lighter than that. It looks like your blue may be a dark one.

How feathered are the legs on your splash?

Back
Top Bottom