Black comb, black beak, buff breast w/ black spangles?

BeakSanctuary

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
I know it's a bit tacky not posting a picture yet, but my camera is so lousy that I haven't taken the picture for this purpose yet. She came from McMurray as a brown egg layer, or maybe she was a free chick and nothing I knew about getting. Now she's several months old and has gotten so nice looking that I wonder what she is - Easter Egger? Sorry, I don't know what kind of eggs she lays, if she lays any yet. Repeat - black comb (rather small, maybe single/rose comb), black beak, really pretty spangle pattern on chest. Top/sides have some penciling or lacing in the buff color against black feathers, if I remember correctly.

Does the type jump out at anyone? She's definitely one of my prettiest hens now but hey, compared to my 8 NN hens, not so hard being the prettiest, lol. I hope she's rare or exotic - my luck is that she's EE. One thing is, she isn't mixed because she's the first generation out of the hatchery.

I notice that the black stars I have have black combs/black beaks, but they have a different breast marking - more or less the reverse of this.

Thanks. That's probably what she is, since I have a few from the same order that look exactly what the black stars seem to look like - mostly black with some gold flecks around the neck.

This is the girl of whom I speak: I have to take it back about her having a black comb, as she clearly doesn't!

Is she just a black star/black sexlink?

15160_0038.jpg

Thanks! I also believe that's true, she's pretty with spangles.

So, is there a buff kind of sexlink, like this? Not that I've heard of one. I received several unknown varieties and I still wonder what they are. Maybe EE? In my grab-bag, would be surprising if I didnt get an EE, though I don't know if I have one.

15160_0111.jpg

Back
Top Bottom