Black comb?! Not cold here! What is happening!??

chickity-chick

Songster
May 1, 2020
Atlanta, GA
Hi everyone over the last 2 days I have noticed one of my French black copper maran pullets comb has started to turn black is grey. It is turning this color starting at the beak area and going up it and then up the top of the comb fading into the pinky red normal color. Is this normal or should I be worried? None of my other pullets are experiencing this problem. This is also the dominant pullet and no one picks on her.

(Photos now in post bellow)

Last edited:
We need a photo of this discolored comb.

How is her behavior? Changed or normal? Lethargic or active? Any unusual poop?
Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 5.42.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 5.44.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 5.43.36 PM.png

no behavior change has happened- they are still young (11 weeks old) so i am still learning their personalities and temperaments but i have not noticed a change. poops have gotten darker since i started feeding frozen raspberries and blue berries in the heat. She rests a lot during the day since it is hot here but she also will run up to the gate to try and escape and get to the grass. Shes never been one who has liked to be held or pet, shes still just as difficult to catch and hold. then its a struggle to keep a hold of her till she ungracefully flops to the ground when she wins the struggle. But she is never mean.

View attachment 2242045

View attachment 2242047View attachment 2242046

no behavior change has happened- they are still young (11 weeks old) so i am still learning their personalities and temperaments but i have not noticed a change. poops have gotten darker since i started feeding frozen raspberries and blue berries in the heat. She rests a lot during the day since it is hot here but she also will run up to the gate to try and escape and get to the grass and still flap around and walk around. Shes never been one who has liked to be held or pet, shes still just as difficult to catch and hold. then its a struggle to keep a hold of her till she ungracefully flops to the ground when she wins the struggle. But she is never mean.

Back
Top Bottom