BLACK COPPER MARANS BANTAMS

bantyman

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 25, 2008
Blue Ridge GA
frow.gif

Does anybody know if such an animal exists and who has them ? I really like this color and breed but dont have room for the standards and bantams really fit the bill Any help from anybody would be greatly appreciated Thanx

Mike
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I don't think there are any bantam marans, but I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong! (And would love it if there were! ;-) )

Ask Littlepeddler she knows everything about Black Copper Marans!! She's Very Knowledgeable about the breed!
wink.png

Last edited:
Unfortunately, there are not any really good bantams out there yet. A couple people are working on it but it is still far from being complete. Once the size is achieved you then have to start chasing that elusive egg color! Hopefully in a few more years they will have some better results.

Richard

Thanx Denali Think I will I was hoping there might be more than just a handful of people working on them but guess it is still a ways off yet Kinda like the millie fleur cochins There are some real pretty ones out there but they all have some problems yet Nothing major Just hatchability and fertility for the most part due to alot of inbreeding to get the color set Now the color is set and now its time to work on other issues I think that is going to be the problem with the bantam BC Marans Trying to get them there and then work out the problems Ok now its time for me to get off my soapbox But again thanx to everybody so far and now I have to track down Littlepeddler

Mike
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom