Black Copper Marans Chicks for pick up - MS/LA border

Ruth -

Your birds are beautiful!!!

Are copper marans easily sexed by appearance when they are chicks? (Forgive my ignorance!). I'd like to purchase 2 pullets - and am trying to avoid the heartbreak of having to re home a rooster. I know you are a long way from Starkville, but I'd be happy to drive down for 2 of these cuties if they can be sexed. If they aren't easily sexed when they are young, I'd be happy to pay extra for an older pullet/hen if you have any now or in the future. Let me know!

Ruth, I live in South Louisiana. will you have any black copper marans chicks this weekend, if so how many and how much. I could drive there Friday or Saturday. Can you email pics of eggs and birds?

Wendy
email: [email protected]

Ruth, I just went back and looked at the pics. Your eggs,chicks and birds are beautiful. I would love to come pick some up Friday or Saturday.

Wendy

Hi Wendy - I have 8 that hatched last week and about another 8 or so that should hatch Wed. so by this weekend I should have a little over a dozen - just depends on how many hatch out Wed. I just gave three of the eggs I had in bator, due to hatch Wed. to a broody hen that has been sitting on eggs for over a month and her eggs keep going bad and I keep giving her a few more. This way, she should at least be able to hatch at least one of the three on Wed. Poor bird hasn't moved in a month. I'm not sure why the eggs keep going bad under her. She started with 10 eggs and they all went bad. Then I gave her 5 more and they too went bad. So today I sacrificed three BCM eggs to give her that are pretty much a sure thing for her to hatch.

In any event, I have three more dozen in bator that will begin hatching each week so I should always have BCM chicks available.

Just let me know how many you want.

Ruth, I am definitly wanting 6 possibly the 8 you hatched last week. I have 2 two week olds that are both boys. Can you tell which are hens yet? I would pay alittle more for the all the girls. My little boys are C1 Jeane line as well.

Wendy
337-298-1348

Quote:
Mostly because they are brand new to the U.S. and people want the novelty of the dark eggs. I've seen auctions for black copper marans chicks close at over $550 a dozen and those were for chicks from the same man I bought my birds from - thank goodness I didn't pay anywhere near that - I got them before they were all the rage.

Quote:
They lay beautiful dark eggs and their is still a small population of well bred birds. The population has grown a ton and this spring I expect they will become widely available and much less expensive.

Ruth your hens and Rooster are very pretty, nice looking healthy lot. I know if we were closer my husband would be loading some of us up to come down and get a few. His are growing nicely but we seem to have enough roosters to have several different trios. I do hope his turn out as beautiful as your flock. I know he babies them enough they should be very spoiled by the time they lay which should be around May or so....Again nice looking flock

Back
Top Bottom