Black Copper Marans discussion thread

im not sure who the breeder is as I got them from a sale...they had 3 rooster/hen sets Blue Copper Marans and 1 rooster/hen set of Blue Laced Barnevelders...So basically, I need to hatch out some eggs in the future, if any wheaton shows up...they r not pure...

they did have 10 chicks there that were 6 blue, 3 black, and 1 wheaton Maran...

Is there a ratio to watch for? Because will u NEVER get a wheaton at some point?

There is nothing wrong with them even if they are partial wheatons. People breed and buy Blue Wheatons quite often, I believe BWM are still only a project color but they can still be done well.

Also chances are they are pure BBS, why do you so strongly suspect that they are hiding some wheaton genetics?

Have you not gotten what you paid for in the past?

HEY, DON is it true that you will not have internet access after the 29th. Can you pm me. I have birds coming from Brian Parks. 1,000 questions. Tom

Because I don't know the breeders... I just want to know what I'm looking for that will b good or not good genitically when I get babies from this pair... I was under the impression that I shouldn't b getting wheaton from a good pair of blue coppers

Because I don't know the breeders... I just want to know what I'm looking for that will b good or not good genitically when I get babies from this pair... I was under the impression that I shouldn't b getting wheaton from a good pair of blue coppers

If they are a well established line you won't get any other varieties from these two *other than the normal mix of blue, black and splash when breeding blue chickens.* All you can do to help learn more about their background is to breed them together and then breed their chicks back to them, then you can almost all together rule out anything.

Last edited:
Ahhh... OK... That's sounds fantastic... I gotcha and appreciate your help...
1f600.png

Quote:
If there is Blue Wheaten involved you can get some Blue Wheaten. Some of the best BC lines in USA will still produce a Wheaten chick. I have never had it happen but know a lot of people that have. You can test mate to see if you have a wheaten influence. Single mate with a RRIsland Red both male and female. Hatch 20-30 chicks and see what color they are.

Back
Top Bottom