Black Copper Marans discussion thread

Quote:
By that time I will have olive eggers, ee, barred ee, blue and black barred rocks and production reds maybe second generation olive eggers. Y'all just let me know what and when! This chicken math is fun! I have some blue and black marans eggs coming from Raven1 sooooooo excited too
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
droolin.gif
celebrate.gif
love.gif
jumpy.gif

Quote:
That sounds good! If I have to make a trip thru that area (and I plan to make one in Oct or Nov) I'll send you a PM and we can see which eggs we might want to trade!

Can I join this trading band wagon? I am in the same area as Alaina maybe we could all get together.

Super! The more, the merrier. It's a nice way to get eggs that you normally wouldn't be able to. I'd love to trade eggs and be surprised when I open the box!

Quote:
Can I join this trading band wagon? I am in the same area as Alaina maybe we could all get together.

Super! The more, the merrier. It's a nice way to get eggs that you normally wouldn't be able to. I'd love to trade eggs and be surprised when I open the box!

That "Incubators Anonymous" thread is not really helping is it?
lau.gif

im up in maine and im thinking about getting my incubator going now to hatch out some eggs i just lost my bcm rooster do to one of my dogs just wondering if i do hatch out somechicks if they would do ok in the winter in the coop well i do have the temp set and its been on just not sure about filling it now or waiting till spring and ordering some eggs to hatch

Last edited:
Quote:
I popped 6 of my darkest eggs in the incubator last night down hear in Southern New Hampshire. Had ordered some from an Ebay member on a whim and just to give that a try for the first time but it's been 2 weeks now and the eggs are a no-show and have not heard from the seller since the 19th....think I want my money back
sad.png
Don't think I'm gonna do Ebay again for eggs
Want to make a new rooster in time for the spring...these will be the first BCM's I have attempted to hatch and they'll come just after my birthday so I'm super excited. Gonna send my spare BCM boy to freezer camp this weekend after I do one more check on him for white feathers, I think he has that Wheaten influence I've read of on here. I love my Alpha BCM roo but he's smaller than I'd like compared to my Splash Copper roo. Looking forward to seeing what hatches but I'll probably wait until spring to buy some shipped hatching eggs now.

I've never left negative feedback on ebay and I've been there since 1999. I feel horrid having to do it but what else can I do at this point - no eggs, no money, no contact, no nothing - last I heard was that the tracking was misplaced and the postoffice was looking into the matter...I don't think they shipped Priority. Very disapppointed!
barnie.gif

So anyone with super dark eggs stand by I'll be a-knocking come Spring time
wink.png

Quote:
Could this be from being pecked by other chickens? Sometimes in black birds, if there is an injury to the feather folicule (sp?) the new feather will grow in white.
Its just a guess. It that isn't it, I would probalby go with something genetic and not breed her.

Thanks. An injury is something I hadn't thought of, but with it being so symmetrical around her eyes and right at the edges on her face, I am inclined to think it is something genetic.

This wouldn't be another exhibit of a wheaten influence, would it?

Ivy~ I have a Blue Copper hen that is my oldest hen and just within the last few months she has adorned this "frosting"......she never had it before, she has not been injured, but it did start coming in with this last molt that she just finished and now she has it nice and even around both eyes. I also had another hen that just as she turned a year old she also started getting this frosting.....both hens are not used for breeding and the blue is in the layer flock because of tail set and I sold the other hen as a layer. I asked over in the other thread about the white but didn't hear back. Thank you for asking about yours.

Back
Top Bottom