Black Copper Marans discussion thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by geebs, Jan 26, 2011.

1. NoisyCricket

NoisyCricket Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2011
    Quote:No, I don't think you should keep him. Get rid of him ASAP. In fact, I will be happy to take him off your hands. When can I get him??? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Congratulations!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. NoisyCricket

NoisyCricket Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2011
    Is anyone from the thread showing at the Oxford show next month? I wanted to test the waters with a few of my Marens, but I don't think I will have their test results back in time.

3. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Quote:No, I don't think you should keep him. Get rid of him ASAP. In fact, I will be happy to take him off your hands. When can I get him??? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Congratulations!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The bird he beat was from Dick Dickerson. That birds owner was NOT HAPPY. Even disputed the win. I'm very proud of Clyde.

4. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    "Aah ha!"(a la Simpsons) what a poor sport.

Congratulations!

5. Raven1

Raven1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Carthage, TN
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)

Congratulations!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

He looks like a really sweet rooster. Is he a good boy? How cute Bonnie and Clyde -and both winners!

7. stoopid

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    I'm such a dummy, should have had both in the picture, but wasn't thinking... the guy that disputed my win really had me rattled.
    Would have been cute, Bonnie & Clyde!

8. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Just out of curiosty, what grounds was he using to dispute your win?

9. stoopid

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    I think he was just mad because he claims to have paid alot of money to Dick Dickerson for his birds. He was ripping my birds apart to my face, "7 points on his comb, blind in one eye, not enough copper, wrong leg color, wrong shape of head".
    True, my roo did get stuck in the compost bin and injured his eye, so that's points, not a breeding flaw.
    Every time I went by to check them to make sure they had water, he was there waving his arms in the air down the aisle, he scared the crap out of me.
    Maybe that's why Dick sold the birds? What do you do with YOUR culls?
    I don't know, I checked with the judge afterwards to make sure I could go home. He said his decision was final.
    I don't want to get into a public pissing contest, I tried to be as cordial as could be, I shook his hand and introduced myself, I told him I thought I had good competition....
    What else was there to do?

10. fowlman01

fowlman01 Overrun With Chickens

Sep 2, 2010
    Sonoma County CA
    Quote:This is obviously someone who knows nothing about showing. An extra point is 1/2pt deduction and blind in one eye is a 2pt deduction. Fortunately you will not find very many poor sports like this. They are usually people who don't know anything about chickens or how they are judged. The judge is judging the bird, not someones name.
    Congrats on your win(s).

Walt

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by