Black Copper Marans discussion thread

Here's an update on my two boys :)

I have too many boys. They are all 8 weeks old. Some are starting to develop a lot of color on their chests. I am a inclined to cull those at this point. Should I?

And what about this guy below? Is this a sign of more to come? I like this one for some reason so trying not to get sentimental.

Thanks.

I have too many boys. They are all 8 weeks old. Some are starting to develop a lot of color on their chests. I am a inclined to cull those at this point. Should I?

And what about this guy below? Is this a sign of more to come? I like this one for some reason so trying not to get sentimental.

Thanks.
My opinion but I would. Place them in a cull pen so you can eat them in the future. A little color in the breast I would keep for a while. But these guys are young and have a lot. They will probably get more as time goes on. I know we do type first, but I feel that with that much color it may be tough to balance it out with the offspring. Anyway, thats my opinion.

My opinion but I would. Place them in a cull pen so you can eat them in the future. A little color in the breast I would keep for a while. But these guys are young and have a lot. They will probably get more as time goes on. I know we do type first, but I feel that with that much color it may be tough to balance it out with the offspring. Anyway, thats my opinion.
X2. When they have that much at that age, they end up having way too much breast color.

I don't know... I would have said they were on the dark side... .I would wait.
At the age they are, they should be showing a little copper, and it should be on the hackles, back and shoulders. Thats it. At their age if they only had a couple copper in the chest I would wait. But as much as these guys are showing, its going to get a lot worse.

Back
Top Bottom