Black Copper Marans ORIGINAL French Chickens For Sale!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just got back with three beautiful copper marans chics !!!! They are the most gentle chics. I now have a total of 7 of them. And I just can't wait until I get my first copper egg !!!!!!!

Rudeness will not be tolerated here. If you have a beef with another person do us a favor and take it private

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you MaransGuy for your honesty....I yet to see any of his pics of his eggs.

I agree with you on the selection on breeding Marans are forever continuing...culling and more culling and I am guessing within 50 some years from now, the Marans probably would be pretty consistent in the eye color as well as all the standards require of a Marans.

I had a Black Marans hen that I got from one of the BYC folks here and she was a very nice bird but lacked in egg color. The Cuckoo Marans pullets I had, their egg color was piss poor and even they have the bloodlines going back to Calicowoods but they were culled out and a friend wanted more Barred Rocks and the Marans girls were good for the flock and her egg business (for eating) too.

Again, I am sure some of the more experienced Marans breeders would chime in and give us an insight on the breed themselves.

I have been following this thread and would like to respectfully ask why you are so upset. Its obvious by the tone of your post that you are very put out. I have been watching black copper eggs on e-bay for the past two weeks and they are all going for close to $100.00 for only 6-8 eggs. The other thing is, he just picked a name for his screen persona, it really doesn't mean a whole lot. If you look at other people's names its the same thing. He can call himself whatever he wants, just like the rest of us. If someone called herself the Orpington Queen we wouldn't automatically think she is some expert on orps, its just a name. I would think she either really likes that breed and owns alot of them or she is an orp breeder.
I mean when I heard your name as the Maransguy it just made me think that you owned marans.It didn't give me the impression that you were a big expert on marans anymore than does the black copper king.
I don't think anyone on here is really looking for show chickens are they? I mean isn't it mostly a novelty for the majority of people on this forum who would buy them? Just to have some nice dark eggs to go with their other varieties. Especially if they sell eggs to eat.If they were seriously looking for show birds to breed they probably would have already contacted a breeder from this forum or some other place.They would not be the ones to buy from someone new. Most of the people on this forum own chickens as pets, they are not all breeders and don't have to have top quality.They want dark eggs as a novelty.I would not get so upset since he is not cutting in on your business anyway, you said yourself that you only sell a couple of dozen a year. I am assuming that people that know you will still buy from you.I think there is enough room on this forum for more than one marans breeder and hope this gentleman doesn't have to keep defending himself.

Just because my screen anme is "Newnanchic" does not mean that I am a " CHIC" !!!!!! If you can't say something nice then PLEASE don't say anything at all.

Quote:
It wouldn't be much of a public discussion board if everyone only agreed with everyone else.

Tact is nice, but call 'em like you see 'em.

Use tact. It will keep you around longer.

Well I will call them like I see them I have 7 of these chickens and I think they are just perfect !!!!!!! However I bought them for the beautiful color of the eggs. You do with yours what you want and let everyone else do the same.

If you want a breeds discussion, please start a thread in the appropriate forum. Do not hijack a thread for your own agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom