Black Copper Marans - Time progression of sexing - UPDATED with WEEKs #1-3 PICTURES

Pics
I'm a pretty awesome neighbor...no noise other then the occasional egg song and deep low crow. Probably the type of neighbor everyone wants...no noise, not nosy, responsible, friendly.
I can't just up and move and hopefully I won't have to resort to extremes. ..lol.
It's been 5 months and no complaints so we're good so far.
I know one of our neighbors loves us because we've lived here 14 years and we are perfect neighbors.
But I can't fit 45 of them! Lol
Maybe 10...lol

Last edited:
if your neighbors don't complain you are safe
fl.gif

as my chickens are the only noise that comes from my home I threatened my neighbors that if I cannot keep chickens I will leave and rent the house to anyone and I will not care if they will listen to the loud music day and night - which is not unusual here. so they DO prefer my 5 roos and 2 cockerels
gig.gif

5 roos and 2 cockerels must put on quite the symphony! I personally love a little rooster symphony. Would prefer that any day to noisy humans.

@chickiesmommy I bet you will be fine. We had neighbors with illegal roosters when our setting was urban, and the roosters were no problem at all compared to the other urban noises.

Out here my roosters compete against frogs and owls in the early morning and milk trucks, red tails and the crazy crows in the daytime. The roosters add the perfect touch.

Love them.

5 roos and 2 cockerels must put on quite the symphony! I personally love a little rooster symphony. Would prefer that any day to noisy humans.

@chickiesmommy I bet you will be fine. We had neighbors with illegal roosters when our setting was urban, and the roosters were no problem at all compared to the other urban noises.

Out here my roosters compete against frogs and owls in the early morning and milk trucks, red tails and the crazy crows in the daytime. The roosters add the perfect touch.

Love them.
Don't forget the sheep! I lived out there for a few years, in between a sheep farm and a dairy. My landlord also had hens, roosters, and turkeys. And the big semis going 65mph up Bodega. And of course there is the echo of gunfire from the shooting range at TraCen Petaluma. Whoever says the country is quite has never actually lived in that kind of setting. It's still noisy, it's just a different kind of noise. I wish I could afford to live in that area long-term, but that's never gonna happen.

Last edited:
Don't forget the sheep! I lived out there for a few years, in between a sheep farm and a dairy. My landlord also had hens, roosters, and turkeys. And the big semis going 65mph up Bodega. And of course there is the echo of gunfire from the shooting range at TraCen Petaluma. Whoever says the country is quite has never actually lived in that kind of setting. It's still noisy, it's just a different kind of noise. I wish I could afford to live in that area long-term, but that's never gonna happen.
Yep - exactly! My closest neighbors are dairy cows. When they're in the nearest pasture they graze four feet away from my kitchen window. Who knew cow belches were so loud?

Back
Top Bottom