Black crested white Polands

grants chickens

In the Brooder
May 8, 2015
Hi I think most people on this page are from America. I'm just wondering the in breeds are. Do you have any black crested white Polands.

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I have sexlinks and Silkies. I don't have any Poland, but that is a remarkable bird. Wow! :th

Welcome to BYC!

We used to have a White Crested Black Polish (just the opposite coloration of yours) but we lost him fairly young. He was a "mystery/free" chick from the last batch of day-olds we ordered. All our other girls gave him such a hard time picking at his long head feathers (that's not what killed him) that we decided we didn't want to try adding any more to the flock. Striking birds though.

There are quite a few Polish bird-lovers here on BYC, if you type Polish Chickens in the search box (upper left hand side of screen), you'll find a lot of posts about them.

Nice to have you join us!

Hi.

Ok great thank you Will check it out. You rarely get that problem in the pens of just polish adults. But have had it in mixed groups. The hardest stage is if you have mixed chicks you always get 1 that feather pecks the others. Thank all of you for making me feel very welcome.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I have Poland but I don't have any black crested white. I have seen them advertised over here in the UK though I'm sure of it. Would be a nice bird to add to my flock too. I also have tolbunt and crele on my wish list to add to my flock. What other colours do you have?

Enjoy BYC :frow

I think at the moment the hot breed in USA is the Ayam Cemani which is a totally black bird including eyes, beak, feet and bones. The eggs are very expensive and the birds out of reach of most people.

Your black crested white is beautifull- I have never seen one before.

Yes there's only 2 groups of black crested in the uk. But I'm struggle to get many eggs out of mine. I also have the tolbunts I like these. They are breeding very well this year. I also have tri coloured/paint silkie. I have laced pekins and bobtail. Have lots of ayam cemani chicks and growers but they are quite common in the uk now and the price has dropped to £60 a pair and £10 for 6 eggs. I did hear they where selling for silly money. Are pekins popular.

Back
Top Bottom