Black Crested White Polish in the US

Oh it was your birds.

The ones in the picture posted by JacinLarkwell show plenty of black on tail and even some form of black spangling.

I believe they are eb/eb(Partridge), Db/Db(Restrictor) and Ml/Ml(Melanotic)
I wouldn't know. Like I said, they're hatchery birds. The female with the larger wattles and crest was the totally wrong chick color too.

Top is her (the dark one by the partridge silkie) bottom is her siblings' color (which matches IDEAL's picture on the website)
20210312_151326.jpg
20210312_150814.jpg

Eitherway, I love my girls. My boy is weird and annoyingly loud, but at least he treats them like the princesses they are. I'm excited to see how the chicks look between the 3 different down colors the 3 pullets in there had (the two different BCW pullets and then my bearded Buff lace pullet)

The ones in the picture shown by the OP show plenty of black on tail and even some form of black spangling.

I believe they are eb/eb(Partridge), Db/Db(Restrictor) and Ml/Ml(Melanotic)
Sorry, I meant the recipe for correct Black Crested White Polish. But thanks for that info too. I am always looking to learn more. Do you think the pictured birds have some Pg as well?

I agree with Jacin that his Polish look mixed with Appenzellers.

I've wanted to start a breeding project ( breeding to the APA SOP ) for awhile and had a hard time picking birds because no breed stuck out over another breed. Then I came across Black Crested White Polish, a color I had forgotten but always loved because their color is unlike many others. I've researched about this color variety on these forums and across other parts of the internet. I couldn't find much but did discover that this breed sort of died out in the US and it's very difficult to come across someone working with them seriously, if there is even anyone at all. I was wondering if the only place to aquire them is ideal poultry, or if there is another possible bloodline out there? I was also curious if in the case that I wouldn't be able to find another bloodline, what impact would breeding these birds to another polish color for better type or even crossing to breeds that possibly went into creating this color have on my breeding program?
I just discovered the polish breed this past September I purchased a pair from the Kansas state fair the hen passed away a few months after but our rooster is doing great kids named him Oreo lol we’ll be looking to get him a new mate in the spring and raise some chicks as well ❤️

Attachments

• AD57D7F4-B084-4DA6-82EC-D97CBC87FA3A.jpeg
    AD57D7F4-B084-4DA6-82EC-D97CBC87FA3A.jpeg
    567.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 422A8BF7-AEE5-47F8-B90E-93C406A49604.jpeg
    422A8BF7-AEE5-47F8-B90E-93C406A49604.jpeg
    684.5 KB · Views: 13
I just discovered the polish breed this past September I purchased a pair from the Kansas state fair the hen passed away a few months after but our rooster is doing great kids named him Oreo lol we’ll be looking to get him a new mate in the spring and raise some chicks as well ❤️
Those are white crested blacks, not black crested whites

Back
Top Bottom