Black Crested White Polish in the US

Bear and Dart

Songster
Feb 15, 2020
I've wanted to start a breeding project ( breeding to the APA SOP ) for awhile and had a hard time picking birds because no breed stuck out over another breed. Then I came across Black Crested White Polish, a color I had forgotten but always loved because their color is unlike many others. I've researched about this color variety on these forums and across other parts of the internet. I couldn't find much but did discover that this breed sort of died out in the US and it's very difficult to come across someone working with them seriously, if there is even anyone at all. I was wondering if the only place to aquire them is ideal poultry, or if there is another possible bloodline out there? I was also curious if in the case that I wouldn't be able to find another bloodline, what impact would breeding these birds to another polish color for better type or even crossing to breeds that possibly went into creating this color have on my breeding program?

I have a trio from IDEAL (used to be a quartet). The hens look okay, 1 is certainly better than the other. The male..... ehh..... He looks better than the one on the website, but not by much

Here's some from October and September. The pulley pictures is the better one of the two. I'll get more updated ones when I go out to feed and water that group
20211025_103405.jpg
20211025_102654.jpg

Here's some from October and September. The pulley pictures is the better one of the two. I'll get more updated ones when I go out to feed and water that group
View attachment 2941073View attachment 2941074
The male actually has a horn in the middle of his comb. Kinda neat, but his comb is more of a walnut than V comb lookswise.

About 99% sure they used silver Spitzhauben to increase their flock size. They resemble them more than they do my buff laced polish pullet

Do you know what the proper recipe is for Black Crested White? They're not supposed to have black in the tails, he way these birds do.
The ones in the picture shown by the OP show plenty of black on tail and even some form of black spangling.

I believe they are eb/eb(Partridge), Db/Db(Restrictor) and Ml/Ml(Melanotic)

Back
Top Bottom